Blackfeather Woods i have seen the fall of babylon
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
There was animosity between them, that much was clear now. As soon as Wintersbane began to counter his points with more elucidated counter-points of his own, Mou felt his blood run cold. It wasn't often that he was confronted with such behaviour these days but the manner in which Wintersbane took hold of his story and transformed it, shifting the blame and bringing to light an avenue of thought he truly had not considered, made Mou realize how selfish he was being — just like old times. He couldn't have seen it before because his love of Maegi clouded all his doubts, blinded him to alternative possibilities. But that didn't mean he agreed; no apology would leave his lips for sins of his past.

An edge entered his voice as found it again, a lift to his head and gleam to his eye — something dangerous. This is home. Live an' die here. Perhaps it was conviction that powered that statement but it was more like he was stating a promise - pledging a vow before this mountain of a man - and he did not intend to go back on it. Mou neva go. Too imp, imp — im-poh-dant, to M'gee. Though he struggled to get the word out he did mean it, with every fiber of his being. And if Wintersbane knew what was good for him, he'd never question Mou's loyalty again.

To ease the tension from the air the boy segued to something else — You stay? It would be good to have the mountain join them, to lend his strength to the woods again.
Messages In This Thread
i have seen the fall of babylon - by RIP Wintersbane - March 30, 2019, 06:15 PM
RE: i have seen the fall of babylon - by Titmouse (Ghost) - April 09, 2019, 03:36 PM