Emberflame Ridge Runaway faith
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
‘older woman’ oh noooo

Olive had hoped not to startle the woman, as she sometimes knew those lost in a nature-inspired trance to be easily shocked. The woman received her just fine, even agreed with her musings about the nature of existence. Oh, how she loved it when people felt the same way about mother earth as she did! As if she wasn’t already, a honey-like smile slide across her features and she stepped closer, dipping her snout subtle to honor the communion in which they were taking part.

“I do,” she replied simply. To say anything else would be inaccurate. Her life’s studies had been dedicated to that of flora and the stars which existed beyond. Over the years, she had become quite knowledgable about the earth and its workings as a whole. When the druid was younger, she could only perceive these as whispers or dreams. Now, she knew how to apply her learnings for the betterment of wolfkind. Before, Olive had quiet an issue convincing others of the legitimacy of ecology or astrology.  Now, no one questioned her. 

“Is there something which you seek?” she inquired, canting her ivory dome to one time curiously. She listened carefully as the girl ask her many questions, and Olive did the best she could to provide her with the answers required. Then, with both of them a little more enlightened about the ways of the natural world, they parted ways and returned home.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
Runaway faith - by Eilonwy - April 08, 2019, 10:16 AM
RE: Runaway faith - by Olive - April 20, 2019, 09:17 PM
RE: Runaway faith - by Eilonwy - April 23, 2019, 02:28 PM
RE: Runaway faith - by Olive - April 28, 2019, 09:58 PM