Hushed Willows I wanna believe that your faith in me is as strong as it was
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
This was it — this was the moment that someone challenged Elysium’s existence, and threatened to ruin the careful balance that they had struck. A place such as Elysium was only allowed to exist because of an agreement and the support of all those around them, but here was a rather large group (and growing larger) who was reacting vehemently to their peaceful mission. It didn’t make logical sense, but when one’s family was at stake, logic was the first thing to be thrown out the window. Olive, as a mother and midwife, saw through the anger that Laurel portrayed and understood her innate fear immediately.

However, Olive would not allow the beautiful, rich land of Elysium to become exploited and resource-poor due to overpopulation. There was a limit to all things, even the capacity of a sanctuary. This was not a free for all, it was a place where the sick and weak came to heal and live a beautiful, lovely life. If they had no space, it was simply a matter of timing — not a matter of not caring. But, Olive mused, even if they had the space for a large family and pups, after hearing how these two wolves spoke and reacted to the situation, she doubted that she would have allowed them near the vulnerable souls of the sanctuary anyways. Peace, above all things — and these wolves were not peaceful. Their place was not here.

Olive was silent for several moment after the other women gave her a stare that could kill, and subsequently fled. The druid watched her go, then returned her attention to Laurel and narrowed her gaze.
“Your position is much too precarious to be speaking of the Seraphim in such a way.”  The druid didn’t believe the truth of the woman’s poisonous words, but it did not mean that they should be spoken. “…and now my goodwill is waning.”  The Shakti Woman truly believed that her offer to care for some of their party was fair — after all, if their group was smaller, wouldn’t it be far easier to find a pack with the space to house them? — which was more than a fair deal.

A younger Olive might have staunchly believed that violence could never befall her and her pack, but the woman, with several families and packs under her belt, knew that was not the reality they lived in. Not every wolf believed in love and peace — some lived deep within a pit of guilt and hatred from which they could not escape. This situation needed to be diffused, and quickly. The most efficient way to accomplish this? Empathy.

“Your family needs help that exceeds our capacity. You are angry and desperate, and I understand, because I have been where you are.”  Several times, actually, and each denial rerouted her back to her ultimate fate: to led Elysium. Those were uncomfortable times, but in hindsight, Olive was able to see that the Gods had been looking out for her the entire time. Whether or not the remaining woman listened, Olive continued. She wanted to be heard. “Trust that whatever will be, will be, but we cannot force the hands of the gods.” It was not easy to remain calm and kind in the face of baseless injustice, but Olive managed to keep her voice low and serious. Her visage, calm and unwrinkled. Her hackles lay low, as did her tail. This was no time to assert her position and further rile the agitated mother-to-be. Perhaps the matter could be over and done with, right here and now, with no further negativity.

“I hope you find the aid you require, but you will not find it here.” 

She watched the stranger carefully, not trusting her in the slightest, but attempted anyways to telepathically communicate that it is time for you to leave. 
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: I wanna believe that your faith in me is as strong as it was - by Olive - May 21, 2019, 01:26 PM