Neverwinter Forest holding on to forever
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis felt like she could understand her parents now, at least a little bit. She wasn't a mother herself (and hadn't thought about becoming one beyond the game of it, as a child) so her own experience was limited to being a sitter for the kids of the Hollow, and now this. But she felt it still, this gut-twisting sensation that she'd missed out on something, that she wasn't living up to the standards of her own mothers - of their mothers, she thought swiftly. Her mind was a jumble of things all at once; but Okeanos spoke plainly and gave her something to focus on. It wasn't her duty to look out for Cam. He was his own person, and he would be fine. She had to have faith in that.

Whatever happens is what's meant to happen. It sounded good enough for her. 

She sighs, presses against her brother one last moment, and then draws back from him. Do you think we made the right choice? Ibis asks, veering the conversation sharply away from one subject and on to another. You leaving Elysium, collecting me from the Hollow - do you think...? Maybe I should've stayed there with dad. Oh, but she had made such a mess of that! Plus now, she had Okeanos back with her. Another sigh pulls from her and she shakes her head - Nevermind, I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm... I think I'm just tired. Too much loss in so few days would do that.

They lingered together a bit longer, but then began to mosey, and quietly resumed a patrol of the area. Soon enough though Ibis was too tired to continue even that, and went off on her own for a little nap.
Messages In This Thread
holding on to forever - by Ibis (Ghost) - August 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
RE: holding on to forever - by Okeanos - August 29, 2019, 09:48 AM
RE: holding on to forever - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 01, 2019, 03:08 PM
RE: holding on to forever - by Okeanos - September 04, 2019, 11:28 AM
RE: holding on to forever - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 04, 2019, 10:16 PM
RE: holding on to forever - by Okeanos - September 05, 2019, 10:09 AM
RE: holding on to forever - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 05, 2019, 10:29 AM
RE: holding on to forever - by Okeanos - September 15, 2019, 09:06 AM
RE: holding on to forever - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 20, 2019, 01:56 PM