Blacktail Deer Plateau I am no upstart demon, scrabbling in the dirt of the soul.
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
His love of his mother was the only thing keeping him going; his love for her, his trust in her abilities. Nieve was supporting that with her optimistic commentary and the boy was deeply appreciative, although he wasn't able to express that right now. He wished that he could take comfort in knowing Rosalyn was safe as well, that she was successful in her own hunting if that was what she'd set out to do days ago - having forgotten that she was questing for Clementine; it seemed both mothers were destined to struggle for their broods. It was like herding cats, but at least they were off the dangerous beach.

We can help too, Nieve had offered, and while Reyes wasn't sure how they could exactly do that, he turned his ears attentively towards his sister and nodded quickly. I want to help. If mom is busy trying to find everyone, maybe we should help her? Or maybe... Maybe the others. I think we're staying here until things get better. As grim as he felt over the changes in his life, Reyes was a creature of action and he could not sit around while everyone else did the work, even if he was young. What can we do? He resorted to asking, his face laced with a frown.