Stone Circle the light she brings
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
The edge in Greyback's voice drew Nanook backward, to reroute her patrol along the perimeter she had travelled some incalculable minutes before. All had been ordinary when she'd passed by at first, but that had been then. Now, how the landscape had shifted. Greyback, accompanied by two others, and she caught sight of her sister sprinting up to join them.

Valette's voice met the air with a vibrant greeting -- Keen -- and as the name clicked, Nanook's heart would have leapt through her paws to spur her onward in like energy, if not for the inexplicable sense that something here was off. She couldn't place the intuition, she never really could. The warrior narrowed her eyes upon those collected there, in hopes of gaining some semblance of focus. Instead the wind met her with a harbinger of nothing good: blood.

She could see it now, that the gore plastered within the rich browns of Keen's fur, and trailed down onto the limp body at her side. Nearly unrecognizable through the staining of blood, and smelling heavily of nothing unfamiliar, which meant she was a part of Easthollow. While Valette spoke at Keen, the warrior circled around Greyback until she stared face to face with the deadened eyes of Kiran.

A coldness seeped through her belly. She had never interacted much with the woman, but she remembered the small moments they had patrolled together, or hunted down prey to provide for the pack. She had been family, on the line of being Easthollow -- and while Nanook understood the attention her sister and the patriarch lent toward Keen, she felt disturbed by their lack of attention to the seemingly greater issue at hand. Nanook hardly glanced at the others. Her full attention instead turned to study the wounds that fell across the body of their fallen.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
the light she brings - by Keen - November 18, 2019, 01:15 AM
RE: the light she brings - by Greyback - November 18, 2019, 02:36 PM
RE: the light she brings - by RIP Valette - November 19, 2019, 02:24 PM
RE: the light she brings - by Nanook - November 24, 2019, 05:55 PM