Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,599 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Here, have some rambles!

If Phox had known that Niamh had immediately forgiven him after he'd departed their last conversation, he probably would have had the same baffled reaction as he'd had when he'd left the copse. Things between them had seemed rocky from the start, and during this time away, Phox had begun to realize that—even if he got back and she forgave him—he wasn't sure anything would become of them. Someday, they might be friends again, but lovers? That seemed too far-fetched, even for the boy who had once knocked up a girl who desperately called him "husband."

He was thinking of Camilla now, how things had been with her. They had been complicated, but in a different way. She'd been broken when he'd met her, and she'd been broken when she slipped away from this world, but Camilla's connection to him had always remained the same, consistent. She had seemed happy in some sense when they were together, content and maybe a little bit confused. Niamh seemed sure of herself, but to an extreme that rubbed Phox the wrong way. He was reminded of her previous rift with Towhee, how it had split them apart just as her rift with him had split this relationship apart, too.

Gaze turned upward, he watched the strange phenomenon above him, wondering if it was some way that the stars were trying to speak to him. A silly thought for the normally practical Redhawk, but sometimes wishing things to be true was easier than knowing the truth of it. He hoped that Camilla was up there somewhere, looking down on her children and watching over them. Phox liked to think so, even if his late wife had been a bit strange. She had seemed to care for him, and in time, he likely would have fallen in love with her. Phox had certainly fallen in love with the two children she had given him (in a dad way, you sickos).

A familiar scent drifted into Phox's nose then, and he scrunched his muzzle up at it. It couldn't be, could it? Surely Niamh would respect his decision to take some time away from the situation, and yet... yes, that was definitely it. Wanting nothing more than to avoid her, Phox quickly tried to find the fastest way away from his once-crush. Unfortunately for him, he'd probably already been seen or heard.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Messages In This Thread
And I am losing more each day it seems - by RIP Niamh - January 29, 2020, 05:53 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by Phox - January 29, 2020, 08:56 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by RIP Niamh - January 29, 2020, 09:06 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by Phox - January 29, 2020, 09:15 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by RIP Niamh - January 29, 2020, 09:24 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by Phox - January 29, 2020, 09:53 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by RIP Niamh - January 29, 2020, 10:10 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by Phox - January 30, 2020, 02:30 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by RIP Niamh - January 30, 2020, 02:50 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by Phox - January 30, 2020, 05:34 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by RIP Niamh - January 30, 2020, 05:45 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by Phox - January 31, 2020, 07:08 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by RIP Niamh - January 31, 2020, 09:05 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by Phox - February 01, 2020, 04:50 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by RIP Niamh - February 01, 2020, 04:58 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by Phox - February 01, 2020, 05:28 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by RIP Niamh - February 03, 2020, 05:28 PM