Blacktail Deer Plateau i need you right here by my side
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
All Welcome 
MERRY BIRTHMAS
plz let @Caerus post first
forward dated to the 8th

It's a twinge at first, too small and too insignificant to care about. Another followed, then another. It's an annoyance, but Cupid ignored them in an attempt to get at least a little sleep. By sunset however, things get worse.

Holy fuck. A groggy wince soon followed. The cramp had felt much worse that time. He tried clenching his eyes to fall back asleep, but the pain just got worse and worse. By midnight, his strained cries echoed through the trees.

The whole time he was up and pacing around his den, all he could think of is this can't be right. Childbirth wasn’t supposed to be this painful right? There must have been something wrong.

He had plenty of time to worry about it, because the first baby took its sweet time. It felt like century passed when he was pushing the thing out, he feared it wouldn't come out at all. Eventually it does, and he spun around to stare at the aftermath. It's just a bag of jelly among blood before he licks off the casing. It's a pale, splotched girl. She's so small, so delicate, she's—
She's not breathing. 

Cupid licks her, pokes her, puts her near his belly. Nothing can resuscitate her.

When the second contractions came, Cupid's face is stained with tears of pain and grief.

The second child comes more quickly then the first. He goes through all the tasks again; spinning around, licking it, nudging it towards his belly. And just like the first, this one does not breathe.

An hour passed and there are no more contractions. Cupid stared out at nothing, an endless stream of tears flow down his face. He got one, no, two chances to prove he was better than his mother and those chances had been squandered before he could even do anything. Cupid had lived for these children. With them gone, there was nothing left.

Another contraction came out of nowhere. He immediately cried out, not because he was in pain, but because he was scared and angry. God fucking damnit. No more, please.. He fucked up. He didn't need to see another dead kid to know that.

This one takes much longer than the first. It's a big 'fuck you' from the universe. When it fell to the ground, Cupid didn't turn around. He already knew what he was gonna see.

He took a step forward, fully intending on leaving the cold corpses in the den, but something stopped him. A gentle bump on his leg. He whipped around, eyes wide, and saw a twitching bag of gel and fur.

Shit, shit, shit He swooped down and began licking the casing off of the whelp. When he finished, he stood up and stared down at it. This pup, a boy, was unique. He was small, spindley, patched. Slimy, otherworldly.  He's a gross looking thing, but Cupid didn't care a bit. He was breathing, and he was beautiful.

Cupid fell on the ground with a sigh. He cautiously guided the pup to his belly and watched him eat. Caerus. he whispered, then smiled weakly.
Messages In This Thread
i need you right here by my side - by Cupid - March 05, 2020, 03:57 PM
RE: i need you right here by my side - by Caerus - March 07, 2020, 01:13 PM
RE: i need you right here by my side - by Rosencrantz - March 07, 2020, 01:32 PM
RE: i need you right here by my side - by Cupid - March 07, 2020, 02:05 PM
RE: i need you right here by my side - by Rosencrantz - March 07, 2020, 02:42 PM
RE: i need you right here by my side - by Cupid - March 07, 2020, 02:56 PM
RE: i need you right here by my side - by Rosencrantz - March 07, 2020, 04:01 PM
RE: i need you right here by my side - by Cupid - March 07, 2020, 04:13 PM
RE: i need you right here by my side - by Rosencrantz - March 07, 2020, 04:17 PM
RE: i need you right here by my side - by Cupid - March 07, 2020, 04:33 PM
RE: i need you right here by my side - by Rosencrantz - March 07, 2020, 04:39 PM
RE: i need you right here by my side - by Aningan - March 07, 2020, 08:57 PM
RE: i need you right here by my side - by Cupid - March 07, 2020, 09:18 PM
RE: i need you right here by my side - by Rosencrantz - March 07, 2020, 09:30 PM