Sun Mote Copse Wind singing in the willows
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
Fig tried not to stare at Wraen, knowing he was nervous and so it would likely come off as creepy instead of attentive. He didn't know how the alpha would take his ice breaker so he was anxious in the two seconds after he'd spoken, but it seemed there was nothing to worry about. He relaxed when she laughed and cracked a soft smile himself. Why did he always worry about such dumb things? He would need to work on that.

Ice broken and sillyness internally remonstrated, Figment settled in. He nodded in response to her comment, but didn't offer more. If she was still on "hi", then she had plenty more to learn before she advanced to the dirty words. And Fig wasn't the one to teach her that anyway--the idea was mortifying. He sobered as she continued, and was thoughtful for a moment before answering.

"Not really," Fig replied, remorse evident in his tone though he tried to keep it level, "It wasn't until a couple of days after it happened when Towhee referred to them as my 'grandparents' that I even remembered that's what they were to me." He frowned, guilt warming his veins (and not in a good way). He hadn't had too much interaction with Elwood and Finley when he'd been a kid. They'd left for the Copse by the time he'd been born, and shortly after, he and his family had moved to the Grove. Shortly after that, the landslide had happened. And then he'd gone to the Frosthawks and...

Well, the reasons could go on for a while and in the end, it didn't matter. He'd missed an opportunity to know them as grandparents. He'd missed the opportunity to know them at all. "Every time I hear someone talk about them, it's that same thing though," he commented, "That they seemed... indestructable. Like they'd be around forever. Must've been something pretty special to earn that reputation. I wish I'dve known them better..."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
Messages In This Thread
Wind singing in the willows - by Wraen - March 31, 2020, 09:10 AM
RE: Wind singing in the willows - by Figment - April 01, 2020, 06:44 PM
RE: Wind singing in the willows - by Wraen - April 04, 2020, 02:19 PM
RE: Wind singing in the willows - by Figment - April 06, 2020, 04:19 PM
RE: Wind singing in the willows - by Wraen - April 10, 2020, 04:45 PM
RE: Wind singing in the willows - by Figment - April 10, 2020, 05:15 PM
RE: Wind singing in the willows - by Wraen - April 12, 2020, 01:45 PM
RE: Wind singing in the willows - by Figment - April 13, 2020, 08:17 PM
RE: Wind singing in the willows - by Wraen - April 18, 2020, 05:17 AM
RE: Wind singing in the willows - by Figment - April 18, 2020, 06:43 PM
RE: Wind singing in the willows - by Wraen - April 21, 2020, 09:03 AM