Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,114 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
thank you guys for joining! <3

As Eljay made his way towards the stream, he suddenly heard a voice. Eljay startled visibly for just a split second and then turned his head towards Figment, someone that he didn't know very well. He opened his mouth to say something back -- hi or hello, probably, he hadn't given it much thought yet -- but before he could say anything he heard Meerkat's loud 'hi'.

Eljay knew Meerkat rather well, since he had tended to her a lot when she was little. But he also knew that the phase he had seen her a lot in was a phase that babies often forgot when they grew older. He didn't think about this consciously at first; not until she asked for his name. The smile and had appeared when he'd seen Meerkat appear drooped as she asked for his name and he realised how long it had been since he had properly visited. He'd seen her once or twice when Towhee would ask him something, but not so much lately. He supposed the truly infant-like state was over now, which mean he was less necessary, and it also meant that he hadn't been there for a long of the growing up that happened after that. Gosh, she was growing so big already. Where did the time go?

Hi Meerkat, he said eventually, then turning his weary eyes to Figment and greeting, Fig. He looked back at Meerkat. I'm your pupsitter. My name is Eljay. I helped you and your mother a lot when you were really little.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you took all the lonely days and made them sing - by Eljay - May 13, 2020, 05:48 AM