Kintla Flatlands i won't cry; no, i won't shed a tear
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
It all happened suddenly. Their simple adventure took a twist for the morbid with one simple mistake; a slip of feet over the edge.
River! The scream ripped through the bear with such urgency and fear. His heartbeat was loud in his ears. Without hesitation, he lunged forward—unable to sit idle while the love of his life went overboard. He had always been a hero, after all.
His life within Teekon Wilds began at the side of his sister, Thistle. Although adopted and not blood related, the two of them were thick as thieves. Evergreen had been an orphan, a boy placed underneath the tree he was eventually named after. A woman by the name of Oki, blind and kinder than anyone Evergreen has ever met (even more-so than the generous Speedy), found him and took him underneath her wing when the babe needed her most.
He grew up under the gentle care of Oki, her brother Kaisyn, and her daughter—who Thistle just so happened to be. Their relationship at first had been comedical. The bear grew in size and dwarfed the petite roan agouti sister that often attempted to torment him in his youth. Mischief, however, changed into good-natured rivalry and a close bond that was irreplaceable.
Until the day Thistle died.
Evergreen sought to save her that day, but he failed. He had not made it in time before the beast ripped her asunder—twisting her body without a shred of mercy.
Had it not been for his growing friendship with @Ira and a healer named @Sindri that happened upon the scene, then Evergreen would not be here today. Easthollow had nurtured him, but the scar was deep. He could not find his place within the family, no matter how much he strived to feel comfort in the Stone Circle. Eventually, he found his way to across the lands. By pure chance, he found a place that reminded him of home;
Whitefish River began as a group of refugees and misfits. They fit together in such a strange way and yet, the bear found it to be where he ought to be.  He saved lives, and fell in love with the handsomest wolf he ever rested eyes on. Winterbourne had been one of those people that he helped early on, who helped form what Kaistleoki was to be.
The slow burn of their romance ignited a life back into the bear that had almost been lost when disaster struck the home he’d crafted and come to treasure. Even after, with his returning reign as their Count, Kaistleoki adjusted into it’s own being; a place that Evergreen had started but no longer mended with seamlessly.
Winterbourne, Ira, and Speedy, however, kept him going. The desire to protect the people he treasured most was destined to be his downfall.
Evergreen latched onto Winterbourne’s scruff, just as the silver male fell over the edge. His massive paws gripped the ledge in desperation. Mismatched green eyes were narrowed, eyebrows furrowed and nostrils flared with exertion.
He would not let go. He would not fail.
He couldn’t.
The weight tugged him further. His paws slipped centimeter by centimeter. Water edged his eyes, a choked sob ready to spill from his throat. Yet still, the bear would not let go—not this time.
Together they plunged into the water—taken by the river Evergreen loved so much.

Goodbye, my bear. Goodbye, sweet prince. I will miss you both
Working on wrapping up current threads!
Messages In This Thread
i won't cry; no, i won't shed a tear - by Evergreen - May 26, 2020, 09:46 PM
RE: i won't cry; no, i won't shed a tear - by Evergreen - May 26, 2020, 11:04 PM