Northstar Vale And when I came to, I had an epiphery.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Song is "Superbloom" by Misterwives.

They were both precious to her in equal measure. More important than food for her own belly, or air for her lungs, they took her breath away with every tiny twitch and somnolent whimper; all she wanted to do was watch them endlessly. Bask in their newness. She kept a tally of their firsts, wearily, plucking them from the ephemera and reciting them to herself.

There, the first kick of that foot. The first whistle of air in the nose. A tiny burp - a yawn - a toot. They could do so little, they were so little, but so mighty.

One slept on while the other made a vocal debut, a tiny sound but beautiful; Ibis felt inclined to reach forth and kiss at her daughter's tiny crown, wet those cheeks with a flick of her tongue. She was so careful not to be too rough or smothering, but one thing that would come true for Ibis: she would be a dedicated mother, obsessive, protective, and ultimately more smothering as they grew than she realized now.

She drew a sleepy breath of her own and as she watched over the two girls, she began to hum a tune. She softly began to sing along to it, making things up as she went.

Resilient little thing, just like mama made you
No one needs to save you...
Ah-na-na, ah-na-na, ah-na-na,
she breathes a little beat, lowering her head to tuck against Lilitu, letting her lashes kiss her with motion.

Wallflower in the spring,
Oh, they can't contain you...
Through the cracks, you break through.
Ah-na-na, ah-na... aaawn.

A yawn pulls from deep down inside of her, and as it warms the dirt by her face, Ibis drifts in to half-sleep.
Messages In This Thread
And when I came to, I had an epiphery. - by Lilitu - June 14, 2020, 12:53 PM
RE: And when I came to, I had an epiphery. - by Lilitu - June 22, 2020, 05:46 PM
RE: And when I came to, I had an epiphery. - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 29, 2020, 12:34 PM
RE: And when I came to, I had an epiphery. - by Lilitu - July 19, 2020, 11:38 AM