Larksong Grotto like a mantle of mystery
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
for @Nyx. tags for reference since i'm not exactly sure where to squeeze this into the timeline so i'm thinking it's before thade + wintersbane reach sagtannet. also slight pp of thade; miller, if you want me to change anything let me know! <3

the closer he and @Thade get to sagtannet, the more anticipation writhes in wintersbane’s chest. it is a beast held captive in its prison of flesh and ribbones. he does not forget how he was turned away so effortlessly from his once-home. his once-pack. though as callously as he looked at it previously, it still stings. sagtannet held some part of his soul even if he was no longer welcome; even if whatever is left of his soul is tattered and frayed. he hadn’t expected to come back, even if it was to just take thade to his parents; having been on his way to moonspear when he’d happened across the boy.

they were so close now, but wintersbane fixed thade a dinner of plump groundhog — despite that he knew rabbit was the boy’s favorite but they’d been on a strict rabbit diet for …well however long he’s had the boy under his watchful eye now — ordered the boy take another bath to look presentable for his parents, and saw him to bed. when he was sure the boy was asleep, he rose from the bed of moss and leaves and paced a bit; ensuring that he could still see their shelter for the night and that, accordingly, thade could still see him if he happened to awaken.

the canopy above has already begun to thin with the turning of the leaves; leaves that would soon litter the ground in a myriad of colors. from between the spindly branches and leaves he watches the clear night sky; not really sure what he’s seeing or what he’s looking for. wintersbane’s only sure that the simple beauty of the night allows his mind to wander freely.
Messages In This Thread
like a mantle of mystery - by RIP Wintersbane - September 04, 2020, 10:01 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by Nyx - September 05, 2020, 02:54 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by RIP Wintersbane - September 05, 2020, 04:48 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by Thade - September 05, 2020, 03:41 PM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by Nyx - September 21, 2020, 06:27 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by RIP Wintersbane - September 21, 2020, 07:01 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by Nyx - September 21, 2020, 11:44 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by RIP Wintersbane - September 26, 2020, 03:39 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by Nyx - September 26, 2020, 12:35 PM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by RIP Wintersbane - September 27, 2020, 07:59 AM
RE: like a mantle of mystery - by Nyx - September 29, 2020, 06:17 AM