Stone Circle that's a feeling you'll get over overnight
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
The man's display of forthright respect subdued the raven, enough, at least, to trust the stranger at his word. And wasn't his a familiar story? Merrit wondered how many other like-minded strangers had phased through Easthollow in the time of his absence. Their pack had always been so focused on family: this was their greatest strength. Yet hearing Kincaid, he heard the voice of one who might've been an asset to them in taking their family further, who might've stayed if he'd had the incentive to live here in more ways than 'just a sense'...

Their greatest strength was their focus on family. Perhaps this was their greatest fault as well.

"Well, lucky for you, my mother is a reasonable woman," Merrit remarked, just as he heard Valette's voice call out behind him. She seemed amiable when she greeted Kincaid, and Merrit met her nod with a blink of understanding. It was then he caught sight of another in the corner of his eye. One of Nanook's brood, whose name he couldn't yet place. Part of him stung with the urge to corral him back to the densite, somewhere safe - but Kincaid wasn't a threat, he reminded himself. And Merrit turned away.

"Indeed," he said, in agreement Valette, "yet if I might be so bold to ask," he didn't wait for permission, "what about the world was so enrapturing, that even when you were part of our family, you spent so much time outside of us?" He wanted more than an apology; he wished for reasons, because if so few strangers stuck around, then that had to mean they were doing something wrong.

"Or did you ever feel a part of us at all?" 
with quiet words I'll lead you in
Messages In This Thread
that's a feeling you'll get over overnight - by Kincaid - October 23, 2020, 12:30 PM
RE: that's a feeling you'll get over overnight - by Merrit - October 23, 2020, 10:13 PM
RE: that's a feeling you'll get over overnight - by Kallik - October 24, 2020, 01:55 AM
RE: that's a feeling you'll get over overnight - by Merrit - October 26, 2020, 08:59 PM
RE: that's a feeling you'll get over overnight - by Kallik - October 30, 2020, 08:35 PM
RE: that's a feeling you'll get over overnight - by Merrit - November 01, 2020, 06:08 PM