Flycatcher Downs I'm a giver
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,527 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
She saw him stiffen and pulled back apologetically.  She'd have liked nothing more than to give him a hug, honestly, but it seemed like he was a little less touchy than she was.  And while Maia wasn't the shyest of individuals, she was extremely hesitant to push boundaries once she knew they were there.

He started something, then switched, and she wondered what he had been about to say.  I what?  But instead he answered her original question.  It was weird.  The first time they'd met, she'd felt like a mess.  And now it was almost like... he felt awkward?  Was she even reading that right?

Whatever it was, she didn't like it, she decided.  Like it or not, he was important to her, and that meant she wasn't about to let them go their separate ways without closing some of the space that felt like it had opened between them.

She probably knew you'd want to give her something anyway, Maia said with a smile.  You don't seem like the type of wolf who takes advantage of others.  If you did, we wouldn't be friends.  

Okay, yeah, no.  That settled it.  And as your friend, I'm going to give you a hug, okay?  Because it's been forever, and because I'm SUPER happy to see you, and because I missed you a heck of a lot.  Maia watched him with a whole lot of amusement dancing on her expression, but also a touch of something else.  And unless he protested with any amount of sincerity, she'd step forward, wrap a forepaw around him, and press her cheek against his neck in an embrace.

They'd catch up, and conflicted, Maia would leave.  She made plans to visit his pack, but by the time she did... he'd have vanished into the wind once more.
Messages In This Thread
I'm a giver - by Maia - November 27, 2020, 11:49 AM
RE: I'm a giver - by Illidan - December 03, 2020, 08:22 PM
RE: I'm a giver - by Maia - December 06, 2020, 12:42 PM
RE: I'm a giver - by Illidan - December 16, 2020, 02:08 PM
RE: I'm a giver - by Maia - December 16, 2020, 03:37 PM
RE: I'm a giver - by Illidan - December 16, 2020, 04:38 PM
RE: I'm a giver - by Maia - December 17, 2020, 12:23 AM
RE: I'm a giver - by Illidan - December 23, 2020, 05:39 PM
RE: I'm a giver - by Maia - December 26, 2020, 12:06 AM
RE: I'm a giver - by Illidan - January 07, 2021, 04:32 PM
RE: I'm a giver - by Maia - January 10, 2021, 01:28 PM