The Sunspire night owl
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
hmm this is a bizarre post but.. if someone wants to join in or we can even make it just a howl-only type thread, that might be interesting?! or a regular thread is cool too since i can steer it in a naturalist or chronicler direction as well. i wanted some moon-related stuff!
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

It was the night of the full moon. The first one of autumn. In many tellings, the moon of the harvest.

It rose low in the sky while the sun was still setting, painted bright orange-red shades early in the evening. By then, she had just returned to the Sunspire after and empty-handed search -- one that inspired great frustration in her. As night settled, she hiked further up the mountain with moonglow dappling her dark, wild fur.

She breathed deep. The full moon was a time to let it flow, and to let healing renewal take its place. She decided right now there was the need for a great healing to take place as the weight of Ferdie's absence had bore down on her, but tonight, she was eager to clear her head and face the autumn sun of tomorrow with renewed vigor. After all, the Sunspire deserved no less of her.

She sought to hone her resonance, yet this particular moon dictated a more emotional response. She resisted at first, her barriers well-kept and firm, but bit by bit and by every pawstep she ascended her mountain, crumbles fell, the moon chipping them away purposefully.

She thought of Ferdie first and foremost, and let the anger and sadness and sorrow come in a torrential downpour. She bore down, her lips drawn into a snarl as her paws ached with the force she dug them into the mountain. What was she supposed to do? However.. with the harvest moon, it was time to reap what they have sown. Her harvest was to be the culmination of their efforts, manifested in a full life for herself, her pack mates, her family... While her sadness remained, deep and ingrained on her heart, the mere thought did soften her expression.

She turned, eyes on the mountain, readied now more than ever to see things as they were. Amekaze lifted her voice then to the full-dark skies; it got more use now than it ever before, and she sang of the moon in full.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
night owl - by Amekaze - September 08, 2014, 10:16 PM
RE: night owl - by Vienna IA - September 08, 2014, 10:32 PM
RE: night owl - by Amekaze - September 11, 2014, 02:55 AM
RE: night owl - by Vienna IA - September 15, 2014, 10:33 PM
RE: night owl - by Amekaze - September 21, 2014, 12:00 AM
RE: night owl - by Vienna IA - September 21, 2014, 06:08 PM
RE: night owl - by Amekaze - October 01, 2014, 10:49 PM
RE: night owl - by Vienna IA - October 08, 2014, 10:06 PM
RE: night owl - by Amekaze - October 24, 2014, 12:55 AM