Honeyed Pasture but i've never loved one before
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
tag for reference. cyprin, i assumed that wintersbane either learned or suspected of umbra's clash with potential recruits behind the scenes figuring he'd smell them on the 'borders' — i left it vague — but if you'd like me to change that, i can easily and will happily remove that bit from this post. just let me know! <3

though the grasses bow beneath the weight of trampled foot and dusted snow; brittle in their state of dying and broken as he brushes past them; bits of brown grasses clinging to the wispier tendrils of his pelage, wintersbane considers the pasture as potential hunting grounds. the sentinels still appear to hold the herds’ presence he previously noted there, but there is definitely the scent of more herds of varying sizes all thru-out the pasture. he can even hear them in the distance even if the taller and dying grasses work to camouflage them. the scent of coyotes is also heavy upon the crisp winter air as chin rises to draw in the scents. though he knows the wily beasts ( of which he forgets he is some percentage of ) are not a threat to be taken lightly he does not particularly concern himself with them.

should they get in the way of he and his and a hunt then they would easily become the quarry. as far as food went, wintersbane had no qualms eating them should they meddle where they were not wanted.

his purpose, however, is dual this morn as he explores. @Umbra, it seems, is not very good at recruiting and though stormbound doesn’t feel like it’s his anymore, at least not on the aesthetic level …he also suspects if she was continued to be left in charge of swelling their numbers they would never gain the strength they needed and if she wished to meet her goal of forming before the first heavy snow wintersbane had a shortening timetable to work upon.
Messages In This Thread
but i've never loved one before - by RIP Wintersbane - December 20, 2020, 07:00 AM
RE: but i've never loved one before - by Ketzia - December 21, 2020, 06:13 AM
RE: but i've never loved one before - by RIP Wintersbane - December 21, 2020, 11:56 AM
RE: but i've never loved one before - by Ketzia - December 29, 2020, 07:06 PM
RE: but i've never loved one before - by RIP Wintersbane - January 01, 2021, 08:27 AM
RE: but i've never loved one before - by Ketzia - January 07, 2021, 04:08 PM
RE: but i've never loved one before - by RIP Wintersbane - January 11, 2021, 12:27 PM