The Sunspire skyscape
inhale the stars, exhale fire
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
She had made it clear she was more familiar with his ilk than he had come expecting. He frowned, but relented. She was right, though, that they had the time to kill. Fine, he huffed, rearranging his forelimbs properly now that much of the fight had finally left him. He succumbed to her company, and he had the sneaking suspicion this was more what she wanted than him. There is much I could say, but I still know it would fall short. My family is vast, and we have always been raised to have pride in our own--and what is ours, he explained beneath the veneer of a slow smirk.

Despite the outward appearance, he was still quite uneasy spilling at length, and proceeded slowly. As I said, my parents lead. My mother was born on our mountain, one of three identical sisters, where he got his looks. My father hails from forests elsewhere.. Nevermind that he didn't precisely know that side of things, but he had a pretty good idea. Having Keres show up into the fold of the family had helped him understand more, and confirm that ultimately, it didn't matter how much or little he actually knew--they all came together here in the end, their truth in him, even. Many of my aunts are there with us, some from both sides, and only one of my uncles now. His family, too. As he explained, he realized just how rooted they seemed.

And with a little prompting from his company, cues saying that she was in fact listening, and quite keen to hear more, he sighed and detailed more of what he could. It was kept general enough, with only enough names sprinkled throughout for the most discerning of ears to catch. Jomyo did tell him that she was vaguely familiar with their kind, so that gave him some headway. She seemed to appreciate this, and he stayed determined not to be unnerved by her icy stare that was hard for him to read. She still seemed like she was sizing him up, like a meal.. but there was far more, and he was unsure of it up close like this.

She did answer in a similar way, as promised, and with time, he warmed further as suspicions melted away--and found himself extending the proper interest back towards her once she laid the groundworks for him to understand. It turned out to be a worthwhile timesink while the weather was this poorly in his opinion, and he ended up staying in her company for far longer than intended. The consequences of it yet to be realized for quite some time.
wrapping this for them both!
Messages In This Thread
skyscape - by Jomyo - January 01, 2021, 10:49 PM
RE: skyscape - by Antares - January 12, 2021, 12:06 AM
RE: skyscape - by Jomyo - January 13, 2021, 02:15 AM
RE: skyscape - by Antares - January 15, 2021, 02:29 AM
RE: skyscape - by Jomyo - January 24, 2021, 08:07 PM
RE: skyscape - by Antares - February 01, 2021, 12:05 AM
RE: skyscape - by Jomyo - February 01, 2021, 12:32 AM
RE: skyscape - by Antares - February 14, 2021, 03:00 AM