Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,198 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Sialuk collected the wood chips, returned them to their spot buried in the snow, and found herself more at ease. Uncertainty had woven itself firmly into her life since the strange storm had struck, and this was the first time she had felt some sense of peace. A path to follow.

She had just finished packing in the snow when she heard Meerkat's footsteps approach. The glen sister asked of her mother, and Sialuk smiled to know that she cared. Little has changed, but she is fed and comfortable. There is not more to do for her.

Her mind wandered to the workings she had done moments before. Of what must come if taataa and brataa did not greet them on this ring of mountains by tomorrow's dusk. She knew that Meerkat had family elsewhere, but she had once lived among Sialuk and her mother.

If the others do not come tomorrow, mother and I will sing songs of death for them, she said with downcast eyes.

I have hope that they will find us, but if they do not, the spirits tell me I must stay here and make a village with anaa, my mother. A village is made of more than a few, and we have only that many. If you would stay, you could help this, too.

Sialuk paused, then added, This choice is yours, but I do think of you as sister. It would be an honor to have you aid us if this path is the one we must walk.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Messages In This Thread
phases - by Sialuk - February 22, 2021, 01:43 PM
RE: phases - by Meerkat - February 22, 2021, 03:52 PM
RE: phases - by Sialuk - February 22, 2021, 09:02 PM
RE: phases - by Meerkat - February 22, 2021, 09:17 PM
RE: phases - by Sialuk - February 22, 2021, 09:31 PM
RE: phases - by Meerkat - February 22, 2021, 09:39 PM
RE: phases - by Sialuk - February 22, 2021, 09:53 PM
RE: phases - by Meerkat - February 22, 2021, 10:50 PM
RE: phases - by Sialuk - February 23, 2021, 01:01 PM