Dragoncrest Cliffs I'm letting you go like a hot horseshoe
THREADS: 1 / 1
PLAYER PREFERENCES
238 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Often, she forgot about the injury to her pharynx, but the way her throat seared when she called and the wavering, raspy sound of it were brutal reminders. She cut off abruptly, partly from the unwelcome pain and partly out of embarrassment.
She licked her lips and cleared her throat, wincing. I keep forgetting, she admitted. That seemed unbelievable. How could she just forget the strain on her voice when she spoke, the softer tone she was forced to use ever since the attack? Alyx doubted that Towhee forgot she was deaf, or Fennec forgot she was blind, and while she knew it absolutely was not the same, she berated herself for forgetting again and hurting it again.
Nevermind all that, she thought, as Erzulie arrived. She swept her head and tail lower in something like a wolfish curtsy and said, hi, Miss Erzulie.
This is my sister, Fennec, she said first, nudging her muzzle in the blind wolf's direction. We came to visit, but I also came to, ah... To ask something.
When speaking with Towhee and Phox and Niamh, Alyx chose to be deliberately vague about the purpose of her trip. She framed it as wanting to get away for a while to visit her friends, and they seemed to take that at face value. There were plenty of reasons she might need space: the attack, her disagreements with Niamh, the loss of her brother, her twin's departure. She thought, somewhat guiltily, they would be less inclined to decline if they didn't know she had other plans.
But she'd been fairly forthcoming with Fennec when they spoke before, when her sister was recovering from her collapsed lung, that she needed to get out of the Caldera. Not just for a visit, but permanently. Alyx knew Firefly Glen and Moonspear were both options her parents would approve of, but she felt strongly that she would still be under their thumbs there, just in a different way. She needed more freedom than that.
And so she came here, to wolves she thought she knew, even if she really did not. I was wondering if... If I could stay. Fennec was welcome, too, of course, but Alyx had a feeling her sister wouldn't be looking to join the seaside pack with her.
Messages In This Thread
I'm letting you go like a hot horseshoe - by Alyx - March 16, 2021, 06:03 PM
RE: I'm letting you go like a hot horseshoe - by Fennec - March 17, 2021, 12:22 AM
RE: I'm letting you go like a hot horseshoe - by Alyx - March 18, 2021, 02:16 PM
RE: I'm letting you go like a hot horseshoe - by Fennec - March 24, 2021, 06:16 PM
RE: I'm letting you go like a hot horseshoe - by Alyx - April 07, 2021, 05:42 PM
RE: I'm letting you go like a hot horseshoe - by Fennec - April 08, 2021, 11:59 PM
RE: I'm letting you go like a hot horseshoe - by Alyx - June 05, 2021, 10:32 PM