Phantom Hollow It's not just where you lay your head
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He smiled, feeling the expression tugging at his face muscles before he could contain the impulse. It was rare for Reyes to talk about his family at all - rarer for anyone to meet them - but he was glad that Erzulie had made an impression. Heartsick, too, for the attention of his mothers. But he was a man now and he couldn't go running off to them for help every time shit went down in his life; he hadn't with the pirates, he wouldn't do it now. Much as he desired to see their faces or hear their voices.

Are you heading back too? The blonde asked of him. The smile was gone after that.

I don't know. I'll walk with you a while but... I don't know if I'm welcome there right now. There was weight to his words. Reyes couldn't deny the sense of loss he felt about the Caldera. It took him a moment to realize his feeling of homesickness wasn't exclusively for the coast — it was a feeling that started whenever he thought of Towhee. To think of her as a bridge he had burned only hurt more. Every time I encounter Niamh we kick each other's asses. Something about her just -- drives me crazy. She doesn't know when to back off.

He wasn't here to talk about her, though; he did not want or need to bad-mouth Niamh to anyone. His emotions on the matter were still pretty raw and so the comments just slipped out. I think it best if I keep my distance until my shoulder is healed, at least. I'm... camping in the woods right now. As a home base. Maybe telling Fennec this would be good; word could get back to Towhee, and then maybe they could work on mending things. How could Reyes have any hope for a future now though?
Messages In This Thread
It's not just where you lay your head - by Fennec - March 17, 2021, 09:19 AM
RE: It's not just where you lay your head - by Fennec - March 18, 2021, 12:32 AM
RE: It's not just where you lay your head - by Fennec - March 18, 2021, 01:48 AM
RE: It's not just where you lay your head - by Fennec - March 18, 2021, 09:21 AM
RE: It's not just where you lay your head - by Reyes (Ghost) - March 18, 2021, 02:06 PM
RE: It's not just where you lay your head - by Fennec - March 18, 2021, 02:50 PM
RE: It's not just where you lay your head - by Fennec - March 18, 2021, 03:51 PM
RE: It's not just where you lay your head - by Fennec - March 18, 2021, 04:36 PM
RE: It's not just where you lay your head - by Fennec - March 24, 2021, 06:01 PM