Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,114 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
At Ibis' words about Maia, Eljay was quick to nod with a soft, somewhat dreamy smile on his face. She sure is, he said, his voice speaking of what was plain to see on his face as well.

As Ibis started to apologise, Eljay wanted to tell her it was alright, but he also didn't want to interrupt her. He knew leaders could be busy, and honestly, he'd needed the time to relax himself, too. He had been feeling guilty for not finding her any sooner; ironic that she should feel the same way. This place really was way different than Redhawk Caldera, he thought to himself.

Oh, that's alright, he said when she was done, though he didn't explain how he had needed some time to recuperate, too. He didn't want her to think that he wasn't capable of shouldering his caretaking responsibilities here because he hadn't been able to hold everything together back at the Caldera. I know it can be busy being a leader, and then there's your own life beside it. He smiled reassuringly.

As Ibis mentioned her daughter, Eljay could not help but smile. He thought of Weejay briefly, but soon was asked about his children anyway, so he could tell about her properly. I do. Elfie was — he was lost in the — in an accident, he said solemnly. His voice quivered to betray how this still got to him, but he quickly went onto happier things: And a daughter Weejay. She lives at the Frosthawks right now, a day or so travel from here.

After a short pause he added: I'm a caretaker, uhm... Mostly a puppysitter and midwife, but also a medic to some degree. He didn't consider it his utmost expertise, even though he had many years of experience by now. Not as much as everything surrounding pups, anyway.
Messages In This Thread
RE: when I am down I lay my hands upon the ground - by Eljay - May 04, 2021, 05:36 AM