Duskfire Glacier Who does your honor sleep with at night
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
No worries! I took a few days off from posting too. Everyone needs a reset sometimes. I'm so sorry for your loss and what you're going through. :(

Lane hadn't intended to trigger a round of questions, at least not yet-- not now, when she wasn't sure she could get through the answers. 

Lane wasn't the greatest at reading faces-- especially not in the driving rain-- but there was something pointed about his connotation that seemed.. accusing? She felt immediately defensive in turn, and the hurricane of emotions in the pit of her stomach began churning once more. 

"So what?" she exhaled hotly, almost desperately. "I'm not with Wintersbane!" Oh fuck. That was too insistent, wasn't it? Too defensive. Fuck. She barely even recognized the voice that had just shrilled out of her. Normally she was so composed.. she prided herself in it. Lane dropped her head, letting the rain beat against the back of her neck as she gathered what little remained of her sensibilities. 

"I made a mistake," she admitted after a moment, in a much smaller voice. Her jaw set firmly as she spoke her admission-- she was a prideful creature, and she hated the words that had just come out of her mouth. He already knew anyway. They all knew, probably. He just wanted to make her say it out loud, and she hated him a little bit for that. 

Lane was shaking all the more violently now that anger had been stirred in to her emotion potion. But was she really mad at this stranger for pointing out the obvious? Or was she actually just mad at herself? 

Maybe if she sat out here long enough, she would just dissolve...
Messages In This Thread
Who does your honor sleep with at night - by Rye - April 26, 2021, 02:31 PM
RE: Who does your honor sleep with at night - by Lane - April 26, 2021, 03:23 PM
RE: Who does your honor sleep with at night - by Rye - April 26, 2021, 04:21 PM
RE: Who does your honor sleep with at night - by Lane - April 26, 2021, 06:14 PM
RE: Who does your honor sleep with at night - by Rye - April 27, 2021, 05:55 PM
RE: Who does your honor sleep with at night - by Lane - April 28, 2021, 02:13 PM
RE: Who does your honor sleep with at night - by Rye - April 28, 2021, 08:04 PM
RE: Who does your honor sleep with at night - by Lane - April 29, 2021, 02:41 PM
RE: Who does your honor sleep with at night - by Rye - May 05, 2021, 06:41 PM
RE: Who does your honor sleep with at night - by Lane - May 06, 2021, 08:28 AM
RE: Who does your honor sleep with at night - by Rye - May 07, 2021, 11:54 PM
RE: Who does your honor sleep with at night - by Rye - May 09, 2021, 02:46 PM
RE: Who does your honor sleep with at night - by Rye - May 16, 2021, 03:07 PM