Redhawk Caldera Follow your heart, little child of the west wind.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
No one had stepped up yet? Rue's brow furrowed. Niamh and Phox left behind large pawprints to fill, certainly, but Ruenna had expected that some of the young Redhawks would be chomping at the bit to prove themselves. 

The implication behind Towhee's words was not lost on Rue. This promotion would not be like the other times-- those in which Towhee had requested that Rue fill a particular role or position. This time, she wanted Rue to say she wanted it. 

"I want.." Rue began, drawing out her words in a thoughtful tone, just to bait Towhee a bit. "I want.. to say it would be seconds-in-command. Not second-in-commands." A teasing half-smile pulled at the corner of her mouth. 

"I get it though," she allowed, in all seriousness. "You want someone to fill the role out of initiative, and not just out of duty." Rue paused, a bit torn. The problem was, she was all about duty. Ambition and self-promotion weren't really her wheelhouse, and yet those were exactly the things Towhee was trying to solicit. Rue let all of her breath out in a long sigh. 

"Let me do it. I-- I want it." Without a doubt, this was the most difficult thing Towhee had ever asked Rue to do. Will you be a baby daddy?  Sure. Will you be my Fusor?  No problem. Will you put aside your dream to become a mom this year?  Ouch, but okay, I guess. 

But this? Actually asking for something that she wanted? Out loud? Rue was neck-deep in uncharted territory here.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Follow your heart, little child of the west wind. - by Ruenna - May 13, 2021, 03:28 PM