Shadowwyn Moor half awake, i wander through this house
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ashlar was guilty in his unhappiness, as he felt it was entirely ungrateful. It was his own fault in a way too; he saw no path he could follow in this pack he served that would make his presence worthwhile to them. It was a problem that ate at him, one that he mulled on as he ghosted through the territory.

Frequently he took trips out to gain some space, as the boy found he was lighter when he did not think on the ways he had failed. When he was alone he could sing, forgetting the future and recent events. This was what he did today, and his quiet voice was carried on the light summer breeze of the rainy day.

I wish that I could have wings like the birds,
Soar high above like a feather, carefree
Up there, there's no need for explanation or words,
Just the wind and the sun, you and me...

He hummed the next few bars, looking up with a smile at the birds that now flitted between the branches above his head. One, a small red-breasted songbird, seemed to like the song. At least, he chose to take its trilling accompaniment as a compliment. He laughed, dipping his head, and continued on. Oblivious to the company nearby as he shook damp from his fur.
Messages In This Thread
half awake, i wander through this house - by Themis - June 15, 2021, 09:42 AM
RE: half awake, i wander through this house - by Ashlar - June 15, 2021, 11:39 AM