Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,119 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay knew that Ibis' three were older and therefore they were starting to explore more. They were no longer confined to the den, but were looking to meet other wolves of Brecheliant and discover the world outside. It was terrifying, just as it had been when Elfie and Weejay had gone. He wasn't ready for this, having expected to have at least a few months before Sylvie and Hymnal were at that age. But Roswell, Diantha and Jasmine were already there and so the father could not take his time to get used to the feeling. He knew he couldn't panic every single time a child was gone from the den. That's how he'd driven Elfie away; he couldn't repeat that mistake.

So when he noted Roswell missing from the bundle of sleeping children Eljay felt his heart leap, but decided to calm himself down first. He took a deep breath and then exited the den and followed the path that Roswell had left behind in scent, prints and the dew missing from the tops of the grass.

When finally Roswell came into view, Eljay smiled to himself, feeling calmer already through the walk here. He didn't immediately engage with Roswell, instead simply following, curious where the child was on his way to.
Messages In This Thread
for you i could pretend i was happy - by Roswell - July 10, 2021, 05:23 AM
RE: for you i could pretend i was happy - by Eljay - July 13, 2021, 09:50 AM
RE: for you i could pretend i was happy - by Roswell - July 14, 2021, 08:34 AM
RE: for you i could pretend i was happy - by Eljay - July 16, 2021, 09:49 AM
RE: for you i could pretend i was happy - by Roswell - July 21, 2021, 06:19 AM
RE: for you i could pretend i was happy - by Eljay - July 27, 2021, 02:09 AM
RE: for you i could pretend i was happy - by Roswell - August 15, 2021, 07:19 AM
RE: for you i could pretend i was happy - by Eljay - August 24, 2021, 02:24 AM
RE: for you i could pretend i was happy - by Roswell - September 23, 2021, 09:41 AM