Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,112 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
If Maia really wanted to quit being a Raven, for a good reason, then Eljay knew that he would say yes. It wouldn't make an effective difference, anyway: she'd continue to be awesome, and it wasn't like he'd say 'no' to any opinion she had or wolf she wanted to accept into Brecheliant. He just didn't want her to give up because she felt that she wasn't good enough, because that wasn't the case at all. If she would give it up, then it should be because there was too much pressure and she wanted relief from that.

I can't do it. Eljay's frown deepened a little, and he wished he could hug her.

Maia started to say that she knew that Wraen (presumably) was sick, but that she didn't pay it enough attention. Eljay didn't think that anyone could've done anything to fix things for Wraen. It was her time, and she seemed at peace with being here. Eljay didn't think that Wraen was someone who feared death, and he was pretty sure she was still here in some form or shape, helping them in their lives in her own little way.

How could he tell Maia that, though? I barely saw her. Oh, Maia, if only he had the right words to say. Eljay stayed silent for some time, clearly struggling to come up with a response. You didn't know, Maia. You couldn't have known. He looked at her with shimmering eyes, because it was hard not to feel the sting of tears when Maia was crying. You didn't fail. Maybe that's just how you feel 'cause... Because then you have some control, then it's your fault instead of just... stuff happening for no reason at all. I don't know, I just know that you always do everything you can for everyone. Wraen knew that — she knows that. She still loves you, no matter what, just like I do. Eljay reached across the den to touch his nose gently to Maia's nose. He hoped his words made a positive difference; he wasn't very good with words, he felt, and he was afraid that it might worsen things instead. But he couldn't just sit there and do nothing. He had to try, at least.
Messages In This Thread
stop time - by Eljay - July 13, 2021, 09:46 AM
RE: stop time - by Maia - July 13, 2021, 10:45 AM
RE: stop time - by Eljay - July 16, 2021, 09:53 AM
RE: stop time - by Maia - July 16, 2021, 10:24 AM
RE: stop time - by Eljay - July 28, 2021, 02:22 AM
RE: stop time - by Maia - July 30, 2021, 11:59 PM
RE: stop time - by Eljay - August 03, 2021, 04:30 AM
RE: stop time - by Maia - August 03, 2021, 10:59 AM
RE: stop time - by Eljay - August 04, 2021, 04:08 AM
RE: stop time - by Maia - August 13, 2021, 03:02 AM
RE: stop time - by Eljay - August 14, 2021, 10:44 AM