Silvertip Mountain one never learns how the witch became wicked
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
Limit Two 
by now, surely, the wolves of ursus had made note of the oddity of @Merrick and @Astara's thirdborn child. perhaps it was to be expected; madness from madness, cultist father writ small and gilt in mother's bloodborne devilry.
but even the wicked roots which had brought asperas into being were seeded in innocence, once. their lethal mother, once an unruly youth whose greatest violence was an ill-fated tumble with a well-loved sister in pursuit of a butterfly; their demented father, once a toddling tyrant with no doubt toward sanity save the way he questioned his mother out of her own. depravity, born of raw humanity twisted by time and tragedy. asperas, however —

there was nothing twisted in asperas. no scars on her soul, no shattered shadowed places hidden in her heart. it was impossible, for the simple fact that she had been born without; born loveblind and deaf to sorrow, ice at the core of her and flame in her veins. and she would never mourn this lack, without any comparison, without any indication of an absence to be mourned. it was the only existence she knew, the only existence she would ever know.
or, it might have been.

in the sunfield, far from the caretaker’s den and shrouded in solitude, metamorphosis found the voidsent. the moment asperas’s mismatched eyes turned skyward, she knew instinctively that her world was changed forever.

a streak of amaranth overhead, then gleaming bone, then —

dread.

asperas ran.

the bear. he saw. he knew, he saw and he knew and now — !

blinding white, burning eyes. the air searing, breathing, buzzing. thunderous sound all around, crushing force centered on her chest.

the ground was not beneath her paws, asperas realized. another moment and it rushed, bruisingly, to meet thin shoulder and narrow hip, to crack against shadowcrowned skull. the spiderling twisted, heaving.

he saw me, he saw me, he sees me

asperas fell limp, still save the steady rise and fall of windblown flank.

some distance away, still smoldering lightly, the bear-god’s curse: a glossy sphere cast down from the heavens. hidden. for now.

dated for 08/08/2021
a small meteorite fell & asperas was caught by the shockwave, but not seriously injured by it; this was only lightly researched so may not be accurate, i'm leaning on semi-realism here. anyone is welcome to find her, but please note that the meteorite isn't in the immediate vicinity
Messages In This Thread
one never learns how the witch became wicked - by The Listener - August 01, 2021, 03:57 AM