Redhawk Caldera are you discussing or fussing or simply dreaming?
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
The more Ruenna tried to reassure Towhee, the more her tears flowed. That was the way with expressions of sympathy, as the experieinced counselor had come to understand. If Towhee was crying, that might not actually be such a terrible thing-- it might indicate that Ruenna's words were getting through, which was not always a given with Towhee.

While the tears did not worry Rue overmuch, the Sovereign's sudden expression of pain was very concerning. Ruenna fought her urge to step toward Towhee, recognizing that telltale look of nausea and reluctant to put herself in the line of fire. When it seemed as if the danger had passed, Rue leaned in to offer her a gentle nudge of support. 

Towhee tried to brush off the episode by showering praise upon Rue, but the Regent would not be distracted so easily. "Thank you. The appreciation is more than enough." She smiled in gratitude, although the expression was somewhat tight. She was still worried. "Towhee, if you're having, ah, spells of pain or anything of the sort, I want that to be first priority." After a short pause, she added, "I couldn't do all this without.. without you. I wouldn't want to." She swallowed heavily. That was enough of that, or else they would become a pair of blubbering leaders.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
RE: are you discussing or fussing or simply dreaming? - by Ruenna - August 24, 2021, 09:28 AM