Redhawk Caldera are you discussing or fussing or simply dreaming?
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Well, it was all out there now. But was that really such a bad thing? Rue had previously enlisted Towhee's assistance in finding a mate, so the would-be matchmaker might as well know Rue's preference... especially since her first instinct had been to pair Rue with Figment.  

Rue's brow creased as Towhee mentioned the possibility of stepping aside for Ruenna, someday. Nope, nope, nope, that would only ever happen over Rue's dead body. As uncomfortable as she was being ranked above Phox, it would be ten times worse being ranked above Towhee. It would be a huge upheaval in the natural order of things, on scale with the landslide that had left Ruenna permanently disabled.  

But Ruenna didn't argue. It seemed like such a remote possibility anyway, and it wasn't like anything ever worked out exactly the way it was planned. 

Ruenna shook her head. "It's too much, trying to predict what the future will hold. But I agree with you, I think this is a good step for us, where we are right now." She repeated, "I'll do it," and after a moment she added, "..on one condition: that's the first and last time I'm ever called that. 'Auntie Rue' has a much better ring to it, I think." Ruenna laughed. Queen Rue. Ridiculous.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
RE: are you discussing or fussing or simply dreaming? - by Ruenna - September 01, 2021, 10:20 AM