Broken Antler Fen I know it feels like I have let you down
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,527 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia was relieved now that she no longer was considered a leader here. She didn't walk the borders much and instead stuck around home most of the time, drawing the kids into games and keeping an eye on them as they grew. Ibis' were getting to the point where they were old enough to wander on their own within the territory, but there were still dangers out there. She remembered how her own dad had taught her those things... and she began to plan on how to go over it with them.

With @Diantha, though, Maia couldn't help but feel like a failure. It didn't matter how much she tried to connect with the girl, nothing worked, but she kept trying despite the hurt that grew every time she was rejected. You aren't just doing this for you, Maia. Besides, if she wasn't doing a good job, maybe she didn't deserve to have that acceptance out the gate. She kept the hurt hidden, buried under smiles and careful affection.

Eljay had told her about the girl's wandering though, and she noticed it too. It was fine then, wasn't it? They couldn't very well tie her in the cave, so it would be better instead to show her what to be careful of so nothing happened. Diantha? Maia called for her, hoping to grab a moment of her time for a walk while the other kids were currently occupied.
Messages In This Thread
I know it feels like I have let you down - by Maia - August 16, 2021, 10:26 AM
RE: I know it feels like I have let you down - by Diantha - August 16, 2021, 10:35 AM
RE: I know it feels like I have let you down - by Maia - August 19, 2021, 04:57 PM
RE: I know it feels like I have let you down - by Diantha - August 19, 2021, 05:03 PM
RE: I know it feels like I have let you down - by Maia - August 24, 2021, 08:20 AM
RE: I know it feels like I have let you down - by Diantha - August 29, 2021, 01:18 PM
RE: I know it feels like I have let you down - by Maia - August 29, 2021, 01:41 PM
RE: I know it feels like I have let you down - by Diantha - September 01, 2021, 11:42 AM
RE: I know it feels like I have let you down - by Maia - September 03, 2021, 11:26 PM
RE: I know it feels like I have let you down - by Diantha - September 09, 2021, 12:34 PM
RE: I know it feels like I have let you down - by Maia - September 11, 2021, 09:37 PM
RE: I know it feels like I have let you down - by Diantha - October 13, 2021, 07:37 PM
RE: I know it feels like I have let you down - by Maia - October 18, 2021, 08:55 AM