Duskfire Glacier When you were young
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: trigger warning for mention of self harm/suicide

Between the two of them, the whole story emerged. Lane fixed her gaze on Calida, concern and curiosity evident in her expression. The woman looked positively green, like she was going to toss her cookies on Tuuluuwaq's feet at any moment. 

"I would like to treat her for a concussion," Lane imparted, "And have her on observation for dry-drowning." If the woman started to dry-drown, there wouldn't be much they could do for her, but at least she would be safe and warm when she passed. "She'll need to stay nearby, where I can treat her, for at least a week." 

Tuuluuwaq's heart was in the right place, but his suggestion to settle her outside the territory was a bit impractical. Even if he was completing the bulk of the observation, Lane would still need to regularly visit for check-ups. 

"I'll tell you what," she began, looking to strike some middle ground with Tuuluuwaq. "I'll take her to the medicine den by the lake--" Tuuluuwaq would be familiar with it; it was where Lane had treated his hunting injury. "--for intitial treatment. Once she's treated, if she's up for it, we can move her just outside the territory.. by the Qeya River, maybe." It would be a short move, at least. 

"Do you want to run ahead and start digging out a den in a good spot by the Qeya River?" Lane asked Tuuluuwaq hopefully. She had something important she wanted to ask Calida, but she didn't want to do it in front of Tuuluuwaq. 

Once he departed, Lane would ask Calida directly, "Calida, just answer me yes or no. Did you jump into the river because you wanted to hurt yourself?" If Calida was a suicide risk, that would be important to know. But also, Lane couldn't think of any other reason she would be in the river at this time of year.
Messages In This Thread
When you were young - by Tuuluuwaq - December 02, 2021, 05:11 PM
RE: When you were young - by Lane - December 02, 2021, 06:07 PM
RE: When you were young - by Calida - December 03, 2021, 11:22 AM
RE: When you were young - by Tuuluuwaq - December 04, 2021, 09:19 PM
RE: When you were young - by Lane - December 05, 2021, 10:23 AM
RE: When you were young - by Calida - December 07, 2021, 09:11 PM
RE: When you were young - by Tuuluuwaq - December 08, 2021, 06:23 PM
RE: When you were young - by Lane - December 11, 2021, 11:30 AM
RE: When you were young - by Calida - December 13, 2021, 03:39 PM
RE: When you were young - by Lane - December 15, 2021, 11:25 AM
RE: When you were young - by Calida - December 21, 2021, 08:06 PM