Duskfire Glacier Kanimmasik
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
A scouting party made up of children was not ideal, but Lane felt that was it better than keeping them all here, where their diminishing food stores would be depleted all the more swiftly by the appetites of the adolescent boys. As apprehensive as she was about sending both of her children into the Wilds without her, rationing and denying food to growing children would pain her heart much more.

"You will be strong while I am away? I will do all I can to return swiftly to you. You have my spirit."

When had she become the one who stayed home, fretting and holding down the fort? Her leadership role had molded her into someone she hardly recognized. 

"And you have my spirit," she returned earnestly. It seemed their spirits had swapped, somehow. Lane had become the protector and defender, and Issorartuyok was the pupkeeper and explorer. 

"Keep them safe," were her parting words. They were not as pretty as the words Issorartuyok had spoken, but it was the sentiment that was upon Lane's heart. 

Now that their tasks were assigned, it was time for the co-leaders to part. With any luck, the next time they met the pack would have a new, potential home.
Messages In This Thread
Kanimmasik - by Issorartuyok - December 20, 2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Kanimmasik - by Lane - December 20, 2021, 04:16 PM
RE: Kanimmasik - by Issorartuyok - December 20, 2021, 05:35 PM
RE: Kanimmasik - by Lane - December 20, 2021, 06:01 PM
RE: Kanimmasik - by Issorartuyok - December 20, 2021, 06:16 PM
RE: Kanimmasik - by Lane - December 20, 2021, 07:31 PM
RE: Kanimmasik - by Issorartuyok - December 20, 2021, 08:34 PM
RE: Kanimmasik - by Lane - January 29, 2022, 10:59 AM