Ankyra Sound holding on to the devil i know
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
in fear, the boy summoned his pack, and they came to him. sapphique showed admirable strength, a bond between them not unlike that which the listener hoped to forge between her druids. but this strength could not be set against them. she could not allow it.

the leader among them showed herself quickly, armed with a simmering fury and accusations; threats. it seemed the sunfire had scorched the earth here at the sound. all hope of the saints making any sort of peace had turned to ashes. what fury had said to her was true; she was not ready. she was not the one, not yet and perhaps not ever. the listener had been mistaken.

the prophet looked to fury, eyes lingering briefly on her face. have faith.

and she cast the queen into the fire, for the sake of the devout.

there will be peace, the listener spoke quietly, intending to draw focus to her words. her eyes were on the leader, the woman who had not introduced herself. behind her lingered mireille in wide-eyed silence. fury will leave. one of my own will go with her, to ensure that she goes far and does not return. i understand she has committed a crime against your allies, but the druids cannot allow her to come to harm. there are children growing within her. innocent lives which must be protected.

if she returns, the druids will have no part in any conflict between you, this much, she meant truly. if fury sought to rekindle this flame, the druids would warm themselves over her burning remnants. the listener would not sacrifice everything for her. she was not the queen who was promised.

she was only a means to an end.

we take no sides in such conflicts. we seek only to preserve life, as we sought to preserve mireille's life when she came to us, her gaze found the red girl now. would she speak? let us depart in peace. when fury is gone, i would like to invite you to visit blackwater. to speak of peace. friendship.

fury. if my terms are disagreeable to you, speak now.

from the queen, only silent acceptance. no doubt she knew the listener would see her safe despite the cost. her keeper, departed again... already the prophet grieved his absence. but she did not regret the sacrifice.

skipping and powerplaying fury with permission (:
Messages In This Thread
holding on to the devil i know - by Loko - February 07, 2022, 06:31 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by RIP Fury - February 07, 2022, 07:37 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Loko - February 07, 2022, 09:52 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by RIP Fury - February 07, 2022, 10:07 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Loko - February 07, 2022, 10:28 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by RIP Fury - February 07, 2022, 10:41 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by The Listener - February 07, 2022, 10:49 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Loko - February 08, 2022, 11:03 AM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Meerkat - February 08, 2022, 11:20 AM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Erzulie - February 08, 2022, 11:45 AM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by The Listener - February 08, 2022, 02:12 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Loko - February 14, 2022, 01:47 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Meerkat - February 14, 2022, 02:18 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Mireille - February 15, 2022, 12:05 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Erzulie - February 15, 2022, 12:16 PM