The Sentinels come on, make it easy, say i never mattered.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Of all the things that could’ve happened, this he completely did NOT see coming. He froze when he heard his name, his heart immediately beginning to hammer in his chest. He didn’t recognize her voice—he couldn’t hear it well enough for that. He only heard someone shouting his name, which he didn’t even think of as his in that moment. He thought it was hers.

”Wait, Penn? Penn!” he began to shout, his eyes darting here and there in search of his daughter. It was impossible that he’d come across her. He hadn’t even been trying (not that trying would’ve worked). But someone out there was calling her name, so she must be near…

”Penn!” Pe—“

Aaaaand that was when he spotted her, and was floored once again. Fennec.

The realization crashed down on him like a tidal wave. It was Fenn that had called. She’d called for him. His daughter wasn’t here.

Disappointment threatened, but then the next realization hit him.

Fenn.

”…shit,” he said finally, after staring at her a full twenty seconds. He could come up with nothing else. Too much was running through his mind, and it wasn’t like he was an articulate creature in general. He swallowed his anxiety, and then added a single word that totally helped him save face, ”Sup.”
Messages In This Thread
come on, make it easy, say i never mattered. - by Penn - April 09, 2022, 08:05 PM
RE: come on, make it easy, say i never mattered. - by Penn - April 12, 2022, 09:52 PM