Hideaway Strath Now I'm a thousand miles away again
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane greeted Rye with a tight smile when he arrived; she was glad to see he had stepped up to his responsibility as a member of the Upper Tier despite his misgivings of the Saints. However, it could not be denied that his presence would add an additional layer of complexity to this already precarious meeting.

The leaders began exchanging words.

"I am Lane, and this is my husband, Tuuluuwaq. We are the beta pair for Atautsikut." She nodded towards her brother-in-law and continued, "Issorartuyok is our alpha, and brother to Tuuluuwaq." She dipped her muzzle toward Rye. "Rye is a longtime friend and founding pack member, and he holds a position of honor in Atautsikut's Upper Tier."

She and Issorartuyok worked well in tandem, presenting their united front as a traditional pack with strong familial ties. They had led alongside one another as alphas for a significant length of time, and although Lane's role had changed recently, their overall cohesion remained intact. 

Although Tuuluuwaq was silent, his quiet support radiated from his bearing. Lane appreciated this more than he could possibly know. When she finished speaking to Fury about the missing pups, she felt her heart squeeze at the thought of such young children out in the harsh world, lost and alone. Her mate seemed to sense her anxiety, brushing against her neck in a soothing gesture that came at the perfect moment. She drew in a steadying breath, locking eyes with Tuuluuwaq for a short moment to wordlessly communicate her gratitude. 

The question about a shared hunt hung in the air, and Lane turned to @Rye. "What do you think about sharing a hunt with the Saints, Rye?"  He was the only one of them who had prior experience with the Saints, and so he was arguably their leading authority on the matter. Additionally, he and especially his wife, Imaq, were historically Atautsikut's most prolific hunters. With all of that on top of Rye's position of trust in the Upper Tier, his opinion would certainly hold a lot of sway.
Messages In This Thread
Now I'm a thousand miles away again - by Lane - April 12, 2022, 10:39 AM
RE: Now I'm a thousand miles away again - by RIP Fury - April 12, 2022, 11:08 AM
RE: Now I'm a thousand miles away again - by Tuuluuwaq - April 12, 2022, 12:57 PM
RE: Now I'm a thousand miles away again - by Lane - April 12, 2022, 01:23 PM
RE: Now I'm a thousand miles away again - by Rye - April 12, 2022, 01:46 PM
RE: Now I'm a thousand miles away again - by RIP Fury - April 25, 2022, 08:22 AM
RE: Now I'm a thousand miles away again - by Lane - May 07, 2022, 10:01 AM
RE: Now I'm a thousand miles away again - by Rye - May 07, 2022, 02:10 PM