The Tangle She says the joys of life are lost among the living
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ashlar glowed with the pleasure of their reunion and gave a happy huff as she leaned closer. It really was a great thing that their circles could cross so often, being so nearby. His responsibilities to the Rise were about to grow but for now, he intended to spend the time here in whatever way she wished to.

Her suggestion was met with a nod and a thrilled smile, but then he recalled his promise. It would be better to be honest with her now, first and foremost, and make sure that she still felt the way she did now. It was still hard for Ashlar to comprehend why his feelings for another might change their own, and why Ratio's presence would lessen Chacal's, but the potential shown by his prior conversations made him wish to address it.

I want to see all of it! But I wanted to tell you something first. He looked at her, hoping he could explain it in a way that made it clear how he felt about it all. This is important to me. I really care about you. Despite his attempt, his voice quieted a bit as he became suddenly shy. Ashlar continued. I have a packmate and he is the same, but different. I care about him too. I wanted you to know, and I told him I'd tell you. It's important to me too.

He didn't know if he'd explained it well, or if it made sense. Ashlar, in his innocence, did not know that it was not so common for men to share these things the way they had. All that mattered to him were his feelings, their feelings, and that all were happy in the outcome.