Lion Head Mesa For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

593 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
He rallied back with cries of his own; claims that she was wrong, claims that he could lift her somehow away from her place as fellahin as if that was something she might want!

You are a person to me, not a servant.

So you confirm it! Now she had lost her mind entirely, she must have to speak to a priest in such a way - and so openly that Akhtar might hear them, but Nazli had been full of these unspoken things for too long and letting them eat away at parts of her; they had to come to some brimming point, to spill over. Why not be heard? What would it change?

Now, as you see me, with all that I have done — a fellahin, and not a person! What he said hurt in a deep way because it confirmed for Nazli all that she had begun to suspect of herself. Tavina had raised her to be this obedient and mindless thing, and Makono lauded her for her good service, and yet Jawahir spoke of the truth first - and Senmut in his way, to the confused girl, made it all the more clear.

Perhaps I should get it over with! I am nothing, so who would care what happens! Her voice was dying out, almost rasping. Tears soaked the furs of her cheeks and hung suspended from her chin. Ugly, disgusting, repulsive thing that she was!

She could not look at him — the reeds scattered, in pieces or intact it did not matter, the job would be the first she'd not complete — she moved forcibly away from him and snaked along the sand, tail tucking to her belly as she ran stumbling from her duties. She knew the best way in and out of the palace to not be seen, and would go to seek the catacombs.
Messages In This Thread
RE: For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand. - by Nazli - October 16, 2022, 11:24 PM