Swiftcurrent Creek Its been one week since you looked at me
352 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
It sounded like a boar was in the undergrowth, truthfully.
Some broad-shouldered beast, truffle-hunting, and dragging heel through piles of leaf-litter and whatever other detritus littered the forest floor. It wasn't common in Indra's experience to find one roaming singularly, especially so close to water (she imagined such a creature could not swim well, and had no need for fish); so when the sound got closer and as a result, louder, she turned her white ear towards it and then her full focus.
What emerged was something grotesque, but familiar. A slovenly arrangement of folds, copper-toned, almost slug-like with how it moved. She saw one trunk-like leg and its wide paw crush some brackish leaves and then beyond that stride, a pugged face, and a gnarly scar twisting there.
Red! The ugly bitch snorted.
Almost immediately Indra heard that word and knew at once why they were here, and felt the elation of being remembered - even sought out! Rescued!
Stop!
Her watcher, having minded her for many hours now, lunged from the underbrush. He thought his words might sway the beast; but Redbird glared at him and made to move around him, seeking whatever safety and security Gun posed; but she couldn't make it far without great pains, and slowed as soon as she began.
Indra didn't want to stop. She wanted to be where she belonged - to see her gang again and to be appreciated as more than a prisoner, or a bartering chip, but she had to stop. If she moved too quickly the pain in her chest would choke her.
Messages In This Thread
Its been one week since you looked at me - by Redbird - November 04, 2022, 01:34 PM
RE: Its been one week since you looked at me - by Gun - November 08, 2022, 03:12 PM
RE: Its been one week since you looked at me - by Lestan - November 13, 2022, 12:59 AM
RE: Its been one week since you looked at me - by Redbird - November 15, 2022, 02:33 PM
RE: Its been one week since you looked at me - by Akavir - November 22, 2022, 10:43 AM
RE: Its been one week since you looked at me - by Lestan - November 27, 2022, 12:41 AM
RE: Its been one week since you looked at me - by Redbird - December 06, 2022, 07:40 PM
RE: Its been one week since you looked at me - by Gun - December 19, 2022, 01:54 PM
RE: Its been one week since you looked at me - by Akavir - December 21, 2022, 06:54 PM
RE: Its been one week since you looked at me - by Lestan - December 21, 2022, 06:59 PM