Ouroboros Spine On Bended Knee
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
When Samani woke that day, she did not expect she would be met with Rodyn Ardeth’s words of love. More than just to her, he had called upon Moonglow to see him declare his feelings. If she were not such a private thing, she might have danced to him.

Instead, when Rodyn called to her and she arrived, Samani listened with pointed ears and gentle eyes. His face was handsome, nervous, soft. The things that he said were important to him. The girl could feel her heart flutter like a butterfly, beating on hurried wings in a desperate attempt to escape. The peachy girl could not believe that he had so much to say, so much to profess. She almost felt ashamed. If she had been asked to do this, she did not know if she could have given so much with her voice.

Samani was only just beyond her first year. She did not know many things of the world. The young girl had chased the chance to learn anything new, anything she did not know. It helped to ground her, in the moment when Rodyn asked her to be his mate. Nervousness erupted inside of her.

There had been many daydreams about this moment. Samani had only imagined it might come later, closer to the end of spring. She had hoped that she might get to know him, grow closer, that he might understand the inner workings of her heart with more clarity. In her make-believe scenarios, she always said yes to him. It didn’t seem right not to give the same response, now.

Samani gazed at Rodyn before turning her eyes to her mother. Kukutux spoke one thing – that she was welcome to refuse his offer. The girl could not see how. Only a fool could look at the humble hunter man who stood before them, soul bared to the world, and say that it was not enough. Though she was young, she understood that there were not many truly good things. Most good came with a balancing amount of bad. Rodyn was not like that – he was good down to makings of his bones.

You know I did not need this, she said softly to the man. Her slender snout gestured to those who had gathered to listen to him speak. Samani would have been content with something private, something small. To me, it is a very brave thing… standing here and speaking so much from your heart. She could not fathom how vulnerable he must have felt.

Rodyn, I will accept. But I ask that we are allowed to move slowly, from this point. You have been away so long on your hunts. I want to take my time to get to know the man who will be my mate.

The girl tilted her head. She wanted to look to her mother, to see if her eyes held approval or concern. Samani fought the urge and held onto Rodyn’s features.

Do you accept?
Messages In This Thread
On Bended Knee - by Rodyn - November 25, 2022, 07:24 PM
RE: On Bended Knee - by Kivaluk - November 26, 2022, 03:55 AM
RE: On Bended Knee - by Kukutux - November 27, 2022, 01:33 AM
RE: On Bended Knee - by Samani - November 27, 2022, 05:53 PM
RE: On Bended Knee - by Rodyn - November 27, 2022, 06:01 PM
RE: On Bended Knee - by Aiolos - November 27, 2022, 07:30 PM
RE: On Bended Knee - by Kukutux - December 14, 2022, 09:49 PM