Lion Head Mesa i might be just like you.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

596 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
this is mostly rambling idk wtf this is tbh

As pleased as the princess Toula appeared, she asked for more.
Nazli was surprised by the complimentary way she spoke! It felt misplaced, this praise. What had Nazli ever done but what was asked of her, and caused such turmoil as a result? How could she be considered as the head of anything - she who had always been guided, always been the submissive. She thought immediately of the many faces in her life she adored and went beyond that, to consider who might respect her enough, who might follow her lead, and came up empty. That is to say, she felt empty overall; ill at the very idea of being in control of anything, given that she lacked control over anything!
It was a kindness. It was only an idea. Something fanciful to make her feel good, from the mouth of the princess who did not know better. That was how she reasoned it.
The girl's request brought a momentary concentration to Nazli, who nodded, and began to arrange the things again. She laid the widest edge of some pieces together to form petals, and moved things around to form a stem, some reeds, and the like, spiraling the design together without much time at all.
It was not hard because it was commonplace. The fellahin often decorated the palace for the holy royals, and making this effort with a plate of food seemed easy enough. It took her mind off of things for a moment.
That moment ended, and Nazli breathed a sigh; she knew the girl was only trying to help.
Thank you. For... spending your time with me. It really isn't necessary, she was hasty to add this part, and blushed, looking down at her work. —and I know things have been very... hard, lately. You are kind, and sweet, holy one.
If only the rest of her family had been -- no, do not think of what could have been. Those days are over, Nazli thought sharply to herself. Now is the time of Makono, and by virtue of that, they are already better than they were.
Messages In This Thread
i might be just like you. - by Nazli - March 21, 2023, 03:26 PM
RE: i might be just like you. - by Toula - March 21, 2023, 04:17 PM
RE: i might be just like you. - by Nazli - March 21, 2023, 04:23 PM
RE: i might be just like you. - by Toula - March 21, 2023, 04:45 PM
RE: i might be just like you. - by Nazli - March 21, 2023, 05:33 PM
RE: i might be just like you. - by Toula - March 21, 2023, 07:18 PM
RE: i might be just like you. - by Nazli - March 22, 2023, 01:41 AM
RE: i might be just like you. - by Toula - March 22, 2023, 07:42 AM
RE: i might be just like you. - by Nazli - March 23, 2023, 05:33 PM
RE: i might be just like you. - by Toula - March 24, 2023, 02:28 PM
RE: i might be just like you. - by Nazli - March 24, 2023, 02:54 PM