Moonspear i set my clocks early 'cause i know i'm always late.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
All Welcome 
Penn had followed @Fennec's lead regarding their unspoken sleeping arrangement, which was to never speak of it. He didn't tell her the comfort it brought to him after spending so many nights alone the past couple of years. He didn't tell her how nice it was to feel like their relationship was on the mend. He didn't even tell her she snored lightly sometimes when she laid on her side, which was the greatest testament of all to his willpower.

He didn't want to do anything to send her running from him, and so the only acknowledgement he'd thus far given was the slight shift in his position throughout the night to keep himself curled comfortably against her.

That night, though, he decided on a gesture. It was a small one, and it did very much run the risk of breaking the spell. But Penn decided it was worth the risk. He had drifted off to sleep that night in the usual spot out in the open with the stars glimmering overhead. It was a warm evening, but the breeze was cool and comfortable. The only thing out of the ordinary was the unusual choice of teddy bear that was lying on the grass next to him, waiting to be found—a fat, dead frog. Just like he had once promised.
Messages In This Thread