Lion Head Mesa shadows sway to light up my life
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

595 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
All Welcome 
Nazli's meals had become a little larger every few days, even if she couldn't quite finish them, and as a result of being bedridden for over a week she had begun to put on weight again. It wasn't a noticable difference — only about a pound at a time — but slowly her cheeks began to fill back in, and the tuck of her belly lessened.
Visits from Senmut, Tavina, and the occasional fellahin remained commonplace to the point that Nazli found herself holding on to her waking hours for longer and longer periods, as well. She wanted to hear about the events of the day, whether they seemed interesting or mundane to the storyteller of the moment.
Finally, when this particular day had begun to wind down and she'd been brought her dinner, Nazli thought she would take a walk. Her mind was buzzing with names that had no faces, as there were many changes to Akashingo during her vanishing; she also felt the familiar stirrings of wanderlust urging her to move, which was a good sign.
So, she sought the hallway first, and crept carefully along the corridor, using the wall for support when it was necessary, and shooing away the lingering fellahin who came to her aid, determined to make it as far as the next level down within the mesa. The air was stuffy in the hall and she had to take breaks, but by the time Nazli came to a proper rest she was situated outside of @Tavina's workspace.
Despite being out of breath, Nazli poked her nose around the corner of the doorway and murmured, Guess -- who?
Messages In This Thread
shadows sway to light up my life - by Nazli - July 15, 2023, 09:19 PM
RE: shadows sway to light up my life - by Tavina - July 16, 2023, 01:38 PM
RE: shadows sway to light up my life - by Nazli - July 27, 2023, 06:13 PM
RE: shadows sway to light up my life - by Tavina - July 27, 2023, 07:26 PM
RE: shadows sway to light up my life - by Nazli - August 03, 2023, 11:26 AM
RE: shadows sway to light up my life - by Tavina - August 04, 2023, 03:45 PM
RE: shadows sway to light up my life - by Nazli - August 11, 2023, 10:59 AM
RE: shadows sway to light up my life - by Tavina - August 11, 2023, 01:22 PM
RE: shadows sway to light up my life - by Nazli - August 17, 2023, 01:47 PM
RE: shadows sway to light up my life - by Tavina - August 23, 2023, 04:02 PM