Ocean's Breath Plateau Alay Alay
Moontide
Beta*
726 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph at first listened carefully not wishing to forget should she need to travel far. But though these words were important there was an undercurrent that ran through them that made her listen with care but from the heart not the head. It was a hefty thing to promise for a wolf who had not felt fully settled in her own pack for months at a time and constantly looked to the horizon. But she felt no desire to outpace the steps that she could take side by side with him. The double entendre prompted a nervous chuckle but her voice and expression leveled when she replied. "I...I promise...And" Somehow it felt not enough. Words were words, and some were easier or harder to say than others but she wanted Towhee to know that she did not speak nor sign nor think them lightly.

She took a breath. "I'll tell Phox, I want you to know too that Rodyn is a brother to me but if Phox feels for me too and it came down to it I would choose and cherish him and our family over my place here in Moontide." She would not relinquish the family and friendships she had forged in Moontide, and she had resolved to be there for Rodyn and his children. But though she had made her home there she was a wolf who knew that life brought with it unexpected changes. And if she needed to make a home elsewhere for Phox or whatever family they might have in the future she knew she would pick up the pieces of her heavy heart and muster her strength to do so. She was proud of what Moontide had become and her part in it, but the position of beta was not one she had sought because she had grand designs for leadership or a vision to shape and mold a pack into. But she knew that becoming a mom herself, and starting a family with Phox would shift her priorities. She approached that decision with no small amount of nervousness, but she did not approach it ignorantly.
Messages In This Thread
Alay Alay - by Heph - January 06, 2024, 05:04 PM
RE: Alay Alay - by Towhee - January 07, 2024, 06:31 PM
RE: Alay Alay - by Heph - January 08, 2024, 01:21 PM
RE: Alay Alay - by Towhee - January 08, 2024, 01:34 PM
RE: Alay Alay - by Heph - January 08, 2024, 03:20 PM
RE: Alay Alay - by Towhee - January 08, 2024, 03:44 PM
RE: Alay Alay - by Heph - January 09, 2024, 12:35 PM
RE: Alay Alay - by Towhee - January 09, 2024, 12:47 PM
RE: Alay Alay - by Heph - January 09, 2024, 01:03 PM
RE: Alay Alay - by Towhee - January 09, 2024, 01:12 PM
RE: Alay Alay - by Heph - January 09, 2024, 01:34 PM