Why is there unnecessary code in my post?
surma suuhun
355 Posts
Ooc —
so I posted this thread without any code but when it published, there's code? when I go in to edit it, it's not there. unless I'm the only one seeing it?

http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=11679

also apologies if this is meant to go in another place.
Eta
I'll stay awake, 'cause the dark's not taking prisoners tonight
47 Posts
Ooc — Mae
Yeah, I also get that sometimes. I think it's because you used copy and paste, using another font? I'm sorry I don't know how to fix this.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
there's icons just above where you write your post to make things bold, italic etc - if you press the utmost right one of those, you can edit the source code and get rid of the unncessary coding.

you can also change it so you always write in the source code (easier with copy & pasting, too) if your profile, under options. :)
surma suuhun
355 Posts
Ooc —
thanks, I changed it.  is there a reason it's doing it?  because it hasn't done it before when I posted as Lex and it has been doing it for both yesterday.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
I'm not sure why it just started happening but if you don't want to view in source code all the time, right clicking and selecting "Paste as plain text" will also avoid pasting all the auto-formatting and font gibberish.
surma suuhun
355 Posts
Ooc —
@Wildfire:  I only use my phone/iPad since I'm currently without a computer so I don't have the option.  I've discovered it doesn't seem to happen on my iPad though and most of my posting is from there, I'm not too worried about it.  But I'm glad I figured it out and can fix it from my phone.