Moonspear Life is Worth Living
7 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Looking to meet someone from MSP!
Set at a fair distance from the terrain, but still posting here for visibility. You're more than welcome to enforce territoriality, though. Just don't kill my girl ;)

The trek down the mountain had been definitely easier than up. Cassiopeia had even gained a lot of terrain ahead of her brother and was now making her own way through these uncharted lands. She had made a point to stop by the sea at some point with Nicholai, but she had no rush in life now that there was no mother to tell her where to go. She had all the time in the world, and more places to go than she could imagine.

As she got closer to the ground-level, the foliage grew thicker, and the slopes gentler. Cassie wanted to see as much of this new place as she could before picking a place to settle down. Cass was curious about this place, and it got more interesting as the characteristic scent of wolves grew stronger as she moved north. She knew Nicholai wouldn't like her getting in trouble with the local packs, but Cassiopeia was too reckless to even care. She looked back to make sure Nikki wasn't around, and once satisfied she quickened her pace as the slope plateaued it's way north.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She loomed the edges of the claim, stewing on what to do regarding the bears. If they ended up hibernating here, it would just postpone the problem and then come springtime, they'd have cranky bears on their paws -- and who knew what the status of the pack would be come springtime. Hopefully it would be a far more cohesive unit, perhaps with more experienced warriors in their midst, but it was not a chance to rely on. Something had to be done soon.

Somewhere along the lap of her borders, she'd become derailed thanks to a fleeting glimpse of a deer bounding away from the mountain. They were seeming active recently, something she assumed related up to the waning days of their rut, and she would be fine to see them stick around into the wintertime unlike the rotten bears.

But, even this trail went cold and instead it brought her into range of the tawny-coated female. Amekaze eyed her suspiciously from the second she spotted her and wasted no time moving to intercept what looked like a purposeful pathway towards the mountain. The dark alpha was poised before her, watchful with a slow sway to her lifted tail. While Ame said nothing, the question was clear in the heaviness of her stare: where do you think you are going?
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
7 Posts
Ooc —
Cass trotted absent-mindedly towards the scent that had picked her interest. She knew very well how packs worked, and had never even thought of intruding or even getting too close, but she was surprised with a low guard when she thought she was still far from trespassing.

A dark wolf came up to her with defensive body language, and Cassie almost didn't know how to react. It had been so sudden that the girl almost choked with her own tongue as she gasped in surprise. She halted to a stop and tucked her tail between her thighs, knowing that, if this was a warden of this land, she would be in trouble if she didn't show she wasn't a threat.

Uhh... Hi... Just passing by, she assured nervously. She looked back, hoping to see Nikki approaching, but she had gained a lot of distance from him in her way down the mountain. I'm Cassie, my brother shouldn't be far behind me. she spoke more calmly this time, suggesting she wasn't alone.
5 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Oh, ok I'm coming xD

Nikki had woken up a little late this morning, only to find that Cass had wandered off again. God damnit Cass. He growled under his breath leaping to his paws and following her scent trail. He was very worried, he didn't like the idea of Cass being on her own. Hopefully she hadn't gotten into any trouble. Nicholas liked to think that he was Cass's guardian, but they both knew that wasn't true. Cass did whatever she wanted.

He made it further down the mountain and into the forested area. It was nice there, he liked the thick brush more than the space rocky mountains. More places to hide or ambush if necessary. Finally he saw her up ahead, and he could smell another wolf. He didn't like that. Danger perhaps. He rushed forwards to Cass's side, pushing her back a little protectively. He eyed the dark female suspiciously, but didn't growl or snarl. He could tell that she was a pack wolf, and he didn't want any trouble with a pack. He just wanted to get on. Name's Nicholai. We didn't mean to trespass, we're just coming through. We don't want trouble. He said, though he hated to apologize, he bowed his head down submissively, hoping the female didn't attack.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Her quiet presence earned her a response and in turn, she was observant and did not escalate her own intensity for the time. The female appeared nervous but she readily gave information, even without much prompting, and the dark alpha nodded in consideration. "Passing through" could mean many things..

Just as she said he would be, the mentioned brother appeared, spiking Amekaze's hackles only subtly as her expression remained lukewarm and unmoved. While she had been expecting him, he was a broad beast and obviously highly protective of the smaller, younger female based on his motions alone. Still.. he postured submissively as well -- denoting manners, at least -- and, but she didn't worry he'd turn this south. It would only be a deathwish for two loners on the cusp of wintertime.

Since the borders were still a stone's throw away, they were still in the neutral zones. Just on the very edge of them -- and she wanted them to know this. Here, passing through as they may be, there would inevitably be eyes on them so close to the mountain. "You are still only near my claim.. not in it. Yet," she reminded him since he spoke of trespassing (but it was good he had that in mind) and would not be quite so informative as they'd be right away. Already she knew both their names. "Going somewhere in particular..?" she asked and looked between them.
7 Posts
Ooc —
whoopsies :s
sorry guys for taking so long to reply. I just seriously needed a break
Cassie's hackles raised as well when Nicholai joined them unexpectedly. Her heart stopped for a moment, but when she realized it was her brother's voice she was hearing everything suddenly changed. She didn't feel weak and small anymore, she had her bodyguard behind her.

What had once been a nervous smile was now a confident grin, and her voice gained force again.

We're going to see the ocean Cass stated confidently. It wasn't like it was anybody's business, but it brought Cassiopeia so much excitement that she couldn't hold back the smile that came right after.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
me slapping an end on this -- but if you guys rejoin, i'd be happy to edit/continue this~
To her watchful eyes, it was clear the female gained strength from the male's company. She seemed to shift noticeably, and Amekaze understood; a pair of travelers. Certainly, better equipped than going at it alone. Together they could hunt and protect one another, and she nodded. "I see," she said. "It is an impressive sight. Best of luck," she intoned for whatever it was worth with a lingering look on each of them individually. The dark alpha lingered to see if they had anything else to say or do here, and when the time was right, watched them go on their way. Once they were away from the mountain, they were no longer her concern.