Moonspear Down a route I think is heading south [M]
Eta
I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
All Welcome 
Something was different that day. Something, it seemed was not quite right.
She woke that morning to the sound of birdcall, echoes softly through the mountainside. Her faded green orbs blinked open slowly, in the den she had come accustomed to over her weeks staying here. Her frame had filled out again, the famine had broken long ago and now, it seemed, her weight was back where it should be. Thanks to her exercises with @Harley, her leg felt stronger, and the other day she had hunted for herself, taking down a plump raccoon and leaving half of it in the caches. Hopefully @Charon would be pleased.

The first odd thing she noticed was the scent. It was odd, for she had never before smelt it, and it seemed to be coming from her. Was she ill? Hopefully not. The second thing she noticed was that Harley was first and foremost on her mind, and she stood with the intent to find him. She slunk out of her den, eyes searching and the scent radiating from her. Now that she thought about it, perhaps she had smelt it before, somewhere around the territory....

But she was otherwise occupied with her search for Harley, and did not feel the need to discover what exactly this scent was at the moment. She would figure it out later, she reasoned.
looking for caregiver threads! PM me if interested ^-^
I promised I'd always help you, and I always will.
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The secretly mated pair had fallen into a sort of routine, it seemed. Early in the morning, when the sun was barely up, Harley would rise from their shared den and go off to hunt for Althaia's breakfast. Should he find the prey, he would eat the second thing he caught. After returning, they usually did a little bit of her exercises before spending some time together. 
Today, that went to hell. The milky hybrid had left on time, but a strange scent in the den had fogged his mind and made it hard to focus. Harley managed to catch only a rabbit for his mate, and missed his chance at a second for himself. Looked like he'd be eating from the caches this morning, after spending time with Thi. 
He was stopped, however, by that same alluring scent. It was mingled with his mates, and with the grey pelted prey in his jaws, he cantered towards Althaia. He was drawn to her like bugs to a light. 
                "Althaia?"
He called out to her softly when he saw her darker pelt in the distance, muffled through the fur of her breakfast. She was up and looking for him already? Was he late? On a good note, she was moving strongly, and it made Harley proud of his work so far.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
It seemed that he would find her, and she smiled happily when she saw his form approaching. Good, she would have been quite upset had it been anyone else. "Quite upset" was the limit of her anger here, lest she be punished or worst for being disrespectful. She rushed toward him, greeting him with a kiss on his maw. She didn't really care if anyone saw, and at that moment she realized that she even felt different. She begun to preen the fur of his ruff with vigour, tail lashing and spreading her scent further. 

Her green orbs flashed as she glanced at him, not pausing in her ministrations. "I love you, Harley"
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
i could not resist!

After coming back from one of his exploration endeavours empty-handed, Charon returned to the territories with a heavy heart. He wasn't sure he'd find Lazarus; perhaps his body lay broken at the bottom of some rocks that were simply inaccessible. He considered going to a patrol at first, but then decided to go find a snack first. When he unearthed one of the cached he was pleased to find a haunch of raccoon. Not his favourite food, but it was good enough.

Then he came across a scent that he could not deny following. He had not seen much of Althaia of recent, but he knew instantly that this scent belonged to her. The wounds of what had happened to Ame still lay heavily upon his heart, but he knew he needed to inform her, make sure that she would not allow anyone close.

When he came upon her in the distance, he saw Harley there, too. He wasn't sure they knew what the scent entailed, but considering the hormones that were flying around it was not hard to try and keep him away -- his instincts demanded it. He had not heard the words shared between them, too far away from the pair to hear. "Stay away from her when she is like this," he called out to Harley and he drew closer to Althaia and Harley, drawn in by her scent but knowing it unwise to act upon it. It was just that he trusted himself more around a female in heat than Harley right now.
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
*sigh* Guess they have to do some sneaking around then. Can you spree this out with us, Iris?

She greeted him, and Harley dropped the rabbit at her paws as she landed her kiss on his face. His heart thrummed in his throat, but even through the thickening scent that made his, erm, privates itch, the hybrid kept still beside her. Althaia's forwardness was perhaps the only thing that made him hesitate, but clearly he should not have. The only time to criticize yourself for self=control. 
Charon approached, calling out to Harley in specific to get away from her. 
As if. Loyal as the shephard was, he was twice as posessive. Thankfully, however, he was also very smart. 
Lowering his head and tail, but keeping his mate close to him, the hybrid didn't move even as his mate preened him. 
                "I've only just found her, Charon, and I didn't plan on anything but sending her back to the den before hunting again."
It was all a lie: surely the man had planned on, his mate willing, to mate with her. But not only would it blow their cover to claim her as his mate, it would also likely get him kicked out and away from Althaia. Strong as she was, Harley was not confident she could get away on her own. So for now, he might have to deal with obsticles. He could always have her meet him elsewhere later on, right? The alpha couldn't watch forever, and keeping her with him would surely be a no from Amekaze, one who didn't in the least like the paler girl.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She broke away as a scent reached her, that of Charon. Panic set in, she sent a desperate glance toward her mate before stumbling a distance away. She remained silent while the two spoke, huddling in a submissive stance. She screamed for Harley's touch, wished a thousand curses on Charon and simply huddled there, confused. Why...

But then it started to make sense. Amekaze, memories of things told to her, they flowed together and completed the picture. Heat; she was in heat. She knew very little of this, but perhaps that explained her odd feelings and her desperate urge for Harley's touch. She whined, looking at Charon imploringly. What would happen now? She was still trying to understand this, shooting Harley a look. She would stay silent, for now.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It frustrated Charon beyond belief when Harley didn't move at his command. Teeth were bared at the words, for though they were respectfully phrased he had not heeded the command that he had been given. "I told you to get the fuck away from her as long as she's in heat!" he roared, his tail curling over his back and hackles pricking up.

He took a bold step forward, urging Harley to take his words and beat it before he would force him to by his teeth. Althaia was ignored for the moment, though her scent was not. Yet instead of ground him, the intoxicating scent only drove his desire to remove Harley from the scene further.
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Just before Althaia moved away, the hybrid took the rabbit back in his jaws and handed it over. As he dropped it at her paws, he mumbled, turned away from Charon, and hoped that she heard and he didnt.
                 "Meet me at the lake as soon as you get away. love you."
It was when he turned back and his mate backed away that the alpha got more aggressive, and by reaction of instinct Harley bared his own teeth and snarled back. It was, thankfully, coupled with the milk colored man backing away a few steps. Despite the growls rumbling in his chest and his hackles raised to full mast, Harley only shot another glare that sang with the wish of blood to the paler, younger man before turning and stalking away. He grumbled under his breath as he walked, barely caring if either of the wolves behind him heard and quite honestly not giving a damn. 
                                        "Sending me away from my own fuckin' mate.... Just wait."
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She shrunk further down as the two shouted, both becoming angry. Harleys words were not lost on her, but now was obviously not the time to consider them. Both males became enraged, and Althaia shot a quick look at Harley which said "don't do anything you'll regret". To both her relief and regret, he heeded Charon's words and took his leave, but not without his own posturing . As he vanished among the trees, her gaze fell on Charon. 

Her paws shuffled against the ground as she shifted nervously, tail tucked close to her. "Charon, sir?" It was a question,  for she did not know what to do now, and she gazed at him imploring ly.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Teeth snapped shut in the air where Harley had been just as he moved out of the way. There was an intense desire for Charon to go after Harley, because he had seen this before — he'd had this dominance problem with Lazarus — and he wasn't exactly looking for another dude in the pack to go off and bang his mate because of his own delusional thoughts of superiority. Charon nearly went off to do just that, a feral snarl bubbling up in his throat and teeth snapping in warning at Harley's retreating form. He hadn't noticed the words shared, thinking he simply was trying to touch Althaia rather than speak to her, so consumed was he by his hormones and anger.

The only thing that ultimately kept him from going after Harley to get into a scuffle with him was Althaia's scent. It wound him up, hormones raging, and before he knew it he was enticed by it. It was her voice that snapped him from his thoughts, and he looked at her, calming down now. His tail lowered somewhat to a more neutral position and he turned to face her, his head still carried proud to display his status, for it was now more than ever that he wished to display it to her, to show her the King that he was.

He hoped that she knew he had always wanted to be good for her, for she was a part of his pack and he wished to defend her as much as the next member of his pack. The famine was over and while she had a debt to repay them, she was still above every outsider to him. She was pack. Family, in a way. And she was here, right in front of him. He had not before had the desire that she knew how much he cared for her, but now he felt it, stronger than ever, as he inhaled her scent.

His nose moved closer to hers as he ran it gingerly along the guard hairs of her cheek, feeling his hackles raise in a much more pleasant manner this time. "Do you desire him?" he asked, his words soft, as a smile fell across his marred face. "What do you think of me?" He halted as he reached her ear, barely touching her hairs as he stopped and look at her, trying to gauge what she was thinking and feeling by looking at her face.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Charon's teeth snapped on empty air as Harley vanished, leaving just them. She nervously waited for him to speak, expecting retribution or anger of some kind also directed at her. But his anger seemed to settle down like the dying coals of a fire, and so her stance also relaxed in the slightest, but not to the point of foolishness. She watched him as he did her, slightly curious. Now that Harley was gone, she felt somewhat different around Charon. Not as angry, it had been many weeks since she had been truly angry at the pale male, but not the nervousness she often felt around him. This new development confused her, and so did his next actions. 

His tender touch sent a jolt through her, and she almost felt warm from his touch. As well as another feeling, a...desire. It was only natural, this, for she was in heat and he was a strong alpha male, well proven in battle, obvious from his many scars. At his words, she hummed lowly, nerves ringing and feeling his presence behind her ear. What do you think of me.

She did not look at him quite yet, feeling exhilarated and a tiny bit terrified at the same time.His scent suddenly seemed overwhelming as she spoke, softly. "Of you? You are many things, Charon. You are strong, you are a fighter, you are cunning. I admire you, Charon" It was true, he had a great strength and will within him, as was proved by his leadership. Suddenly feeling bold, she twisted her head around and licked at the underside of his muzzle, as a submissive wolf would, but there was a tenderness to her touch. She would try and please him, still mindful of his anger.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
His anger subsided entirely when she seemed not to shy away from his touch. Harley was a speck that was long forgotten to him now, for in this universe existed only he and she. He had chased away the other male not for this, but only to protect Harley and Althaia both from this, yet his own motives seemed long forgotten. Perhaps it was because he was so unknown with this — he'd only had the confusing and frustrating effects of Osprey's heat upon him once, and then Amekaze's — or perhaps it was because he was looking to regain some of the control he had lost the moment Lazarus had put his filthy paws on Amekaze. There were so many motives that he could have, but her answer made them all void, for the only thing that mattered now was her, her intoxicating scent, the spell that she had put upon him and that he did not mind.

A shiver ran down his spine as she spoke. He wasn't sure if 'cunning' was really a word that he wished to use for himself, for it implied negative things, but the way that she spoke the word he knew that she did not mean it poorly. She meant that he was a good leader, one that did what was best for his wolves, and in a way, enslaving her had been cunning. Amekaze had wished to murder her for her trespassing, as would have been just, but he... He had seen bigger potential, a way to strengthen their pack.

He had always been a sucker for compliments, and so he only felt further encouraged by her words. She admired him. The words were nothing compared to the feeling the tender lick placed on his chin gave him, though, for it was an invitation of sorts, a cryptic message that was clear as day — she wanted him, too.

His teeth moved back towards her ear and he nibbled it gingerly, his touch lingering perhaps surprisingly softly for someone capable of cruel things. He did not think he would do wrong — he was the Alpha male, and she was his thrall. This was a natural thing. Not wanting to waste any time, Charon moved his nose along her shoulder and towards her tail, following the trail of the scent she left behind, driven by his hormones and his ego purely now, with little rational thought left in his body.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
No further words were exchanged, but her gentle touch seemed to over well. His muzzle moved, the contact was broken, and she did not pursue it. Her teeth found her ear, nibbling gently, and she let out a little hum again. Desire swelled within her, Harley was a nagging thought, a worry, that was shoved aside the minute Charon's touch met her. She knew, that after this, she would feel guilty, very much so, but the messages of her body were not to be denied. 

And so she did not stray from her position, gradually relaxing as he moved alongside her body, toward her tail. His nose pushed softly through her fur, as he reached her rear she gave a little shiver. She was operating purely on instinct now, rational though cast aside like bad prey. Her tail wagged in the slightest, further spreading her scent, as she gave the tiniest whine and moved it aside, pinning it to her side. 

She sashayed her hips, a boiling pot of emotion, and looked back at Charon questioningly. She had never felt this, this was new, exciting and a little terrifying.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
probably should put an in the thread title :)

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: sex things ahead

His teeth roved alongside Althaia's fur gently until he finally reached her tail, the source of the hormones and what drove him above everything else. He did not care about anything in the world, he felt very primal. He was the Alpha male and she was his subordinates, his thrall, for him to do with as he pleased. It drove him on to know that she felt the same. When she wagged her tail it softly batted his face, driving him crazy as he sniffed underneath it and felt himself unable to contain.

It was hard to think straight considering he had little blood left to push to his head by the time she moved her tail. He put a paw on top of her back and did not even wait to see if she would contest it, claiming the prize he had unknowingly set out for himself when he had first rescued Althaia from a death by the jaws of his mate, and immediately furthered the motion by climbing on top of her and grabbing for her scruff with his jaws and place his forelegs on either side of her body.
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Couldn't help myself, why not kick him why he's down. THIS is Harleys last post. xD

Harley, in truth, didn't go far before circling back and perching on a higher rock to spy on the two. If he DARED set a paw on her, the hybrid planned on launching himself down and attacking the alpha right then and there. It wasn't out of wanting territory, of course, and should he somehow beat the man he would be content to take his wife and leave. 
He almost did, when he watched Charon approached the grey woman. But then Althaia, his mate, the woman he'd been nursing back to health and pledged himself to, she returned the pale man's affections. In horror, Harley's fall colored eyes locked onto the pair as they became entangled. Some part of the wolfdog's brain told him it was hormones, that it was her body that willed it and not truly she.
But would she even tell him? She'd likely smell thickly of his scent, but would she go as far as bathing herself clean of most of the scent first, keep it from him? Harley felt his heart crumble, and when Charon began their dance, the milk colored wolf couldn't help but turn away. 
He set off for the lake, intent on meeting Althaia as soon as she could get away. Something inside of him wanted to leave, to leave and never ever look back, but still the shards of his heart held love for the female underneath his alpha.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
His weight he placed atop her, the sensation of his fangs in her pelt still lingering on her side. Suddenly, this felt so very wrong, but that was pushed aside with a tidal wave of desire, for this alpha who was paying attention to her, of all people. This alpha of which she was seeing a totally different side. And so she did nothing when he mounted but adjust her weight, and whine ever so softly as she felt both burning hot and ice cold at once. It was only instinct, only natural, for her to behave in this manner, especially with an alpha. 

She felt her scruff be gripped, his forelegs cradle hers. Instinctively, driven by a primeval urge, she arched her back against him, swinging her hips in the slightest and giving a little excited whine, her scent rich and enveloping.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
aw
He growled info the fur of her scruff, a dark and satisfied growl, when he started to thrust. There was a moment of doubt then, but it was too late now, and he was too consumed by hormones to care, to stop this dance. As always, his actions were short-lived; like when he made love to Ame he peaked quickly and then slumped on top of her, his weight on her because that was the only way he had ever known to do this awkward part.

When he was slumped over her suddenly regret washed over him, but he reminded himself of everything he had lost and all the pain he had received. He deserved this. This was his prize. She was his.

For some time they remained attached and he remained patiently on top of her, breathing into the scruff he'd now let go of with the remnants of his desire, until they would eventually detangle again while he was beginning to come to his senses and started to plan his strategy.

As they finally disconnected Charon moved off her and he commanded: "If anyone finds out, it was Harley who did this. It's better for both of us if that's what they believe." He held her expression for a long time to make sure she understood the gravity of his words -- Ame would kill her -- before eventually he turned away from her, ready to depart, for he had nothing left to do here.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
This dance of their's felt odd, strange, and at first, she stifled a hiss. But they gained rhythm quickly, and their dance too was over after only a few moments. She gave a little hum, feeling as if her body had been left in the sun for too long, and for a moment implications were forgotten. But when their dance ended and her desire waned with each breath, a horrible weight fell over her, both literal and figurative. She was pushed toward the ground, but adjusted her forelegs and bore his weight, not without a bit of straining. 

She remained silent as her mind cleared and the film of desire was lifted from it. Oh shit; what had she done? She thought of Harley, of Amekaze. Of the others in the pack, of the implication this meeting and perhaps more would result in a few months time. 

His weight moved off her, they disconnected and she turned to face him, legs feeling weak. He commanded her with a few words, and held her gaze for longer. She took a breath, hoping the sincerity of her words echoed in her gaze. "Yes, sir." She, under no conditions, would be telling Amekaze of this, or any others of the pack.

He turned away, and after waiting a moment longer she did they same wanting to be by herself for a bit before she went and found Harley. Panting, tired and feeling guilty, she pad softly into the trees, head lowered as she half-heartedly searched for her mate's scent.