Moonspear Struggle to get your attention
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Joining 
Saying he got excited and went ahead of @Zoratto and @Vixen a wee bit. You two may pop in whenever you're able to post, if you’d still like for them to hang around with Alastor. < 3

Far more time had passed than he’d planned to allow, and so the boy felt somewhat guilty for having lied. Doing so had been entirely unintentional, though, and so the guilt wasn’t the sort that was capable of eating away at his innards. It was far more similar to a sort of nagging feeling, which bothered him slightly. It was dulled by the mental reminder that he’d not been traveling alone, and that he’d needed to be considerate of his friends’ feelings. In the end, he’d sort of thought primarily for himself by leading their small group towards the mountains, but the joy he felt towards the idea of seeing his friend again had made it easy for his mind to focus elsewhere. He’d still stopped every one in a while on the way there, having wanted to speak to the both of them whenever he could to ensure that they didn’t harbour any negative feelings towards him. Most of the time, his lips had been twisted into a seemingly permanent smile, excitement felt throughout his entire being.

When the scent of a pack could be smelled on the wind, his excitement had grown tenfold, causing for him to act like an oversized puppy. In a bought of joy, his pace had increased unknowingly, and he’d slipped ahead of his companions. When he’d stopped again, he’d situated himself a respectful distance away from the pack’s claim. Little time was wasted after that before he’d tilted his head back and sang for @Aesop specifically, then extended his call to the leaders of the mountain. His decision had been made, Aesop's offer having been too good to refuse.
Come on love me like a Kamekazee
We'll go down in flames together

Thread titles are from Simon Curtis' "Super Psycho Love"
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Seemed strange that someone would call for Aesop and then the Moonspear's leaders, but Charon didn't waste time pondering too long. He kissed his daughters good bye and told @Amekaze that he would deal with this situation as he started his way towards the borders. Body was carried regally, head held high, tail flagging tall and expression neutral, cold, as he made his way there. As he reached the borders he noted Aesop wasn't there yet. He could only assume this was a friend of Aesop's of some sort. Possibly one with information, maybe one who wanted to join his friend's pack. If it was the latter, then at least Aesop'd done something to redeem some trust from Charon.

"I'm Charon Ostrega, Moonspear's Alpha," he said as he reached the male, keeping his body as it was and awaiting a reaction; making sure to note whether or not the male would submit, as he should. Asking for what he was doing here was done only silently and words weren't shared but only implied as he looked upon the stranger.
250 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Aesop was very, very pleased that he was alone when the call went up. He'd had his head in the hole he and Floki had made, sorting through his modest collection of dried herbs and roots. In his excitement he'd whipped his head up, promptly slamming it into the rock above. He swore loud enough that nearby birds took flight in protest, but he hardly cared. He scrambled back, carefully extricating his front half from the cache.

He could hardly move fast enough on his way to the borders. Caution slowed him, it wouldn't do for him to arrive covered in dirt from falling halfway down the mountain. Dirt clung to his shoulders and neck and the crown of his head, and though he had tried to shake most of it off, some was left.

Aesop was disappointed to find that he had arrived after Charon. He'd hoped to have a private moment before the alpha arrived, but it looked like Charon's youth won out. Or he'd just been closer. Either way, Aesop took a moment to nod respectfully before turning towards his friend. Alastor, he breathed, and though he didn't realize it, he looked at the Greek like he had hung the moon and stars himself. You came. The weak, distrustful part of Aesop had not expected to ever see Alastor again. It was not often that he got to keep the things he loved.
1/5[Image: caretaker.gif]0/5[Image: naturalist.gif]
33 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Y'all are entitled to skip me! <3

The sea wench had been loud and clear about her dislike of mountains more than once, yet still she refused to leave her unlikely companions to go back to the shore. And there she was, struggling with her breathing as she took one step higher up the mountain, chasing two males' cute little asses.

When they seemed to reach their destination they were greeted by yet two more males -as if there weren't enough of those already- and Vixen lingered behind Alastor in silence, eyeing them indifferently. Today Vixen didn't feel like exhibiting herself like fresh fruit the way she would have a few weeks before, but perhaps her change of company had something to do with that. Alastor and Zoratto were slowly changing the way Vixen saw not only the world, but herself too.
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Alastor was excited, the thought alone that he’d be able to see his friend again having made his stomach do somersaults. The older male’s face was the one that he’d wanted to see before any others, but somebody else had been quicker. There came a lightened figure, his posture performing for the Greek a perfect display of his authority, which he’d responded to by lowering his own body and letting his tail—which had previously been wagging—fall slack against his thighs. There was a moment in which he’d found himself staring, expression both thoughtful and inquisitive, for the freckled leader seemed familiar in some way. The memory was a distant one, though, something that he could not drag out from the depths of his mind by himself. And so averted had his gaze then been, head tilting downwards as a silent apology was given for his rudeness. It’d lingered there until he’d been addressed, the prospect of a conversation having encouraged him to bring his gaze up to rest on Charon’s chest.

“It’s nice to meet you, Charon,” he began, words accompanied by another dip of his head; it’d become something of a habit at this point, though he’d never realize it to be anything other than a polite gesture. “My name is Alastor Vranas. I’ve come to ask for a place within your pack, should you find me and my companions to be worthy.” There he’d paused indefinitely, listening for specific questions, and then the go-ahead to speak. It was likely that he would have remained entirely silent until then, too had Aesop not arrived. For the moment he’d spotted the other, his tail had started to sway slowly, brushing against the backs of his legs. His heart rate picked up as his eagerness grew, and it’d taken every ounce of his willpower to not stride forward and pick up from where they’d last left off. With a single, calming breath, he’d settled for saying: “Of course I did. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I ever broke my word to you.” Approximately a second had ticked by where he’d forgotten that they were not alone, but the reminder had come swiftly after that and he’d turned his attention back towards Charon. The presence of his travelling companion had been felt then, but he'd dared not disrespect the alpha by turning away to look back at her. His eyes had been kept forward, disallowing any opportunities for his mind to become distracted.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Another female arrived, but she stayed back as though she was just sending the guy off. The guy luckily knew to submit right away and show he recognised his superior, and Charon nodded in silent approval of the fact. He introduced himself as Alastor, and seemed polite enough. Charon knew the pack could use another good body, especially after Judas had up and vanished into thin air. Yet there was something about the man's words that caught him off-guard, and he lifted an eyebrow as he questioned: "Companions?" He glanced at the female behind him, body still carried dominantly as though hoping she would catch the hint and get down to Alastor's level; curious if she was one of the companions he mentioned.

His head turned as Aesop arrived and he nodded, returning the greeting. He knew this wolf, apparently, which would make it easier to find out whether he was worthy. From the looks they exchanged Charon guessed they were very good friends. "Aesop. What can you tell me about Alastor?"
250 Posts
Ooc — Kae
It was taking almost as much willpower as Aesop had to keep from running to Alastor like a lovesick puppy. He remembered the feeling that came with touching Alastor, like the world was devoid of color except for where their bodies met. Oh, he had it bad, and if Aesop weren't so happy, he might have thought to be afraid.

The arrival of another, a slim she-wolf with a coat of fire. She was nothing if not pretty, and for a moment Aesop grew fiercly jealous. But Alastor's words were a balm that quelled Aesop's ugly jealousy, and with a minor adjustment of his shoulders, he found himself back to pure joy. The world had narrowed to just Aesop, Alastor, and the space between them, so much so that Aesop blinked in well-masked surprise when Charon directed a question at him. He's a good wolf. We'd be lucky to have him, Aesop said tenderly. Charon would probably want more to go on than just that, but Aesop found himself tongue tied in the face of the question. He's honorable, that's for sure. His word is as good as gold.
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There came a question, and so Alastor nodded before following the male’s gaze to glance back towards his companion. There was one missing, not even his silhouette visible on the horizon, which had his brows temporarily knitting together. Writing it off as intentional sluggishness fueled by nerves, he’d turned his head back around. “This is Vixen,” he’d said. “There is another—Zoratto—but he must have fallen behind.” He hoped so, at least. The foreigner had given his word that he’d assist the younger male in finding a home, so losing him on the way to a potential one wasn’t exactly ideal. Still, the thoughts were pushed passed for the time being and his attention divided between the two mountainous wolves, falling silent. It was a mystery to him how his fire-kissed friend might react to them, her actions having yet to become predictable to him.

The next question was not his to answer, but he’d paid careful attention anyways. How he’d been spoken of had nearly made his tail start to wag like a puppy that'd been praised for the very first time, but, luckily, he’d somehow managed to keep it from swinging all around.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Aesop was very positive about this guy, though clearly they had some sort of history between them. How objective could his view really be? Truth was they needed members though, but it wasn't like Charon was going to accept just anyone -- particularly now that he had daughters running around causing havoc. They needed to be safe and provided for.

He glanced at the female again, though she did not seem as interested, then decided to first focus on the guy. "Why do you want to join Moonspear? And what have you got to offer?" He would hear these things first, then decide on this guy, then on his friends, should they show actual interest themselves.
250 Posts
Ooc — Kae
The woman remained forgotten. Aesop could only bring himself to pay attention to Alastor, and to Charon, who would decide if Alastor could stay. Aesop wondered what he would do if Charon was to send the Greek away. Would he stay, and honor his word to Charon? Or would he go with Alastor, with whom there never seemed to be an opportunity to spend more than a few hours with.

Aesop settled for listening to the two of them, shuffling anxiously in place as he watched the introductions unfold.
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The time for Alastor to answer questions had arrived, both of which being ones that he’d expected. The latter of the two was easy to answer, but the former he’d stumbled over. He knew he could not lie, for to do so would create an opportunity for history to repeat itself; he also would not stoop to such lowly measures, having been raised better than that. “I wish to join because this is where a dear friend of mine resides,” the male began, against the idea of hiding the truth away. Having done so once before, he knew of the feeling that followed a lie, and had never been one to appreciate it. “But,” he continued. “I want to grow to love this place for more than just that reason. I want to be apart of something again, and to help out whenever and wherever I am needed.” He needed a purpose in life, to provide for others in any way that he was able.

“I can offer my knowledge of the land,” the Greek then said, these words coming out far smoother than the previous. “I know about many territories from my travels, and what can be found within them.” Always had he wished to become a Scout, the thrill of an adventure being like nicotine to him. “I can also offer my ability to track the herds,” was his next statement, as well as his last. The lessons he’d been taught on flowers as a child had, of course, been left out. He’d not seen any reason to share the memory, especially since he could do only that—tell of the names, but never of what purposes they may or may not have.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It made sense the guy wanted to join for Aesop, for Charon wasn't blind to their close-knit friendship. Yet it gave him credit to admit so out loud, and his answer was solid; not only was he honest, he also made a promise of sorts for the future, a hopeful glimpse into what might be and what he might feel for this place in the long run.

Charon was half-listening while he looked at @Vixen throughout Alastor's story about exploration, or whatever. He then looked back at Alastor and said: "You're in." Again he glanced briefly at the dude's companion before he said, directed at both of them: "Your companions'll have to join up and share their interest themselves, however." He waited then, for the female to take the hint and step forward to submit to her new leader while she gave him a reason to accept her, or leave.
250 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Alastor's provided answer was perfect, even beyond Aesop's bias. He was honest, and his honesty set Aesop's face aglow with a brilliant smile. He even glanced quickly at Charon, who was more interested in the newcomers, hoping to share a conspiratory joy. A dear friend! That was him! He was the dear friend!

Once Charon's admission was bought, Aesop's tail exploded into action, wagging viciously, a proud banner of his joy. Selfishly, Aesop was less than interested in the woman, who had remained silent and watchful throughout Alastor's interview. Now that Alastor was a member of Moonspear, Aesop wanted nothing more than to welcome him into the fold and show him what he, Aesop, knew of the mountain. I wouldn't mind giving you a tour, he said to Alastor before he quickly deferred to Charon. If that's alright with you, Charon.
33 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Plot twist!

The more the males spoke, the more restless grew the Vixen behind her greyscale friend. It seemed like He knew at least the creamy one, who's green eyes Vixen wasn't shy to steal a glance or two. He was handsome, even more so with the heavy scarring. But the other, here was just something about him that made the female feel uncomfortable. Perhaps it was his authority, or maybe it was the way his dark eyes gloomed as he observed her.

For the most part Vixen was able to stay put and allow Alastor to speak for them. He had said that Vixen as well as Zoratto would be welcomed with him (or so had she assumed). But then came the unexpected and the white guy spoke directly at her, pushing for her to speak her intentions. Vixen't golden eyes grew anxious, looking back and forth between the males around her whose attention had suddenly jumped right at her. Eventually they landed on Alastor, with whom Vixen shared a closer relationship. "Sorry mate," she said sorrowfully, but she didn't really know why. And that was the last Alastor heard from her before she fled the scene, panic flooding every corner of her chest. Packlife was not for Vixen, not yet, and despite the pull that she felt towards her two male friends, her fear of chains' push was significantly stronger.
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The second the words had left Charon’s mouth, the Greek’s face had nearly split in two. An attempt was made at recollecting himself, but it’d only been partially successful; enough so that he’d been able to dip his head down in a bow-like gesture, but not enough that his smile had shrunk. He understood the need for Vixen to share her own interest in the pack, and so he’d glanced back towards her and offered a look of encouragement. Thereafter, it was back to Aesop that he’d looked, approaching the older male who seemed to be just as glad as the Greek. With an offer made, he’d said, “I’d enjoy a tour,” but remained still. Alastor awaited the dismissal of his new leader, feeling himself incapable of leaving without it.

As he’d waited, the voice of his female companion caught his attention. She’d apologized, which had confused him greatly. What had she done that warranted an apology be given? Just as he’d opened his mouth to ask, the answer was given to him via actions. Vixen had fled from them all, and the only thing that he’d been able to do was stare after her, completely and utterly dumbfounded. He knew that neither she nor Zoratto were fond of the mountains, but he had hoped that they would each remain with him anyways. Yet, the Moirai had obviously planned something else for his friend’s life, which he knew that he would need to respect. Still, he’d turned to Charon once more and lowered his head. “I’m sorry. I did not know that she’d do that,” he’d said, the shock of her sudden departure being something that he could not push aside so easily. It was the belief that what she’d done had long since been written in stone that kept him from chasing after her, as well the want to get settled in and spend more time with his favourite friend.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Aesop seemed overjoyed, if not more, at his friend's admission. Charon wasn't a soppy guy, but it still did him good to see his friend, or whatever the fuck Aesop was of his, so happy. Besides, they could use another able body. It seemed like a good move to let Alastor into the pack. They needed some more able bodies before winter, and he seemed able enough.

To his surprise, the female companion seemed to think otherwise. She dashed off with an apology, reminding Charon of that one weirdo that Dhole'd suggested one day to join the pack. He'd also run off, except after a longer interview. Charon quirked an eyebrow, but it seemed to him like Alastor didn't know her that well, since he apologised for her behaviour and seemed not to care overly much. "Eh," he said nonchalantly, wondering if she'd be back. If she did get back, it'd be harder for her to prove her worth.

Aesop suggested a tour and Charon nodded. "Yeah, sounds good. I'll go for a quick patrol." He might as well now that he was here; their time was stretched what with the pups, but soon it'd be time for the pack to join and help so they would have more time keeping the borders marked. "See ya later," he said with a smile and he turned away from the pair then, moving for a patrol so he could mark his borders with some fresh scent markers.
250 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Aesop hadn't known that Alastor would be bringing friends, but it would have looked damn good to Charon if Aesop had managed to net two more able-bodied members for the mountain. And he still wanted to look good to Charon, make no mistake about that. Not only did he want the trust and respect of his leader, but he wanted Charon's friendship again.

Yet when the little female sprinted off with little more than an apology, never mind an explanation, Aesop couldn't find it in him to care. Sure, he was a little disappointed, but mostly he was basking in the glow of having Alastor at his side. Still, he took a moment to comment on her sudden disappearance. The fuck...? he muttered, and that was that.

With Alastor's acceptance and Charon's permission, Aesop dipped his head to both. Charon excused himself, to which Aesop responded with a mirrored see ya' and little else. Then, to Alastor, right this way. Moonspear tour begins here. Please keep all paws and tails inside the vehicle at all times. and i'm gonna wrap this here. good job team.