Flycatcher Downs in your pose as the dust settled around us;;
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

Thoughts the boy wanted nothing to do with had begun to weigh down on him; flashes of the attack, of those haunting orange eyes. The moment he had thought the others weren't looking, he had run.

No, it was more than running; he was sprinting, fleeing for his life the way he hadn't done that night. As if it would erase what had happened. Alarian ran until his pads were bloody, until his legs ached and his chest heaved and burned with the effort, until the wounds on his side had ripped and begun to ooze. He didn't stop-- he couldn't stop, he couldn't, or he would get him again.

He collapsed on hard rock after a time, a trail of blood behind him, and panted hard. The boy didn't know where he was, where the others were; he would find his way back eventually. When the panic subsided.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
The small group had all decided to lay down and rest for a bit, all being rather worn from their trekking so far - apparently especially Korei, for she was fast asleep beside Lennon. Laying quietly as he hummed along to the tune of Golden Slumbers,  feeling it perfectly fit the moment. Reaching one of his favorite lyrics, Sleep pretty darling, do not cry, and I will sing a lullaby. Without warning, he was interrupted by the sudden sprint made by Alarian. At first, only noticing the wind left behind from his quick dash, and the absence of his friend. He almost thought he'd witness a disappearing magic act. Until his eyes located the rushing figure with a long bloody tail. 

He panicked at first too, searching rapidly for another cougar or bear, sniffing the air sporadically in fear, before coming to the conclusion that nothing of terrible danger was lurking. The wolf stared hesitantly as the sleeping ivory girl, before realizing that with no hazards around, it would be safe to leave her, only till he could get Alarian back. 

Unable to run without ripping open whatever part of his gash had healed, he jogged as quickly he was capable of. Following the red clues on the ground, leading directly to the fallen boy. He was shocked how far he managed in such a short amount of time - was he sleepwalking? Must've been some crazy dreams. "Alarian?" He cooed quietly, not wanting to startle him while also be as comforting as possible. He nudged his nose against his companions fur, glancing at the crimson liquid now resurfacing from the once healing wound.
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian instantly regretted his decision to leave the others when the silence increased his panic tenfold. He felt lost, exposed and vulnerable to anyone who might happen by.
Perhaps the boy should have felt lucky when the first voice he heard was Lennon's-- but all he felt was fear. What would he think, if he saw him this way again? He had half a mind to run a second time, but when he lifted his gaze and looked up at his companion, all reason left him.
He stood shakily, then moved to press himself against Lennon's side. Lennon.

It was the first time Alarian had so boldly sought the other's touch, and he desperately hoped he would not be rejected. He wasn't sure if he could handle that, too.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
His muscles loosened seeing Alarian’s reaction, knowing that nothing to impose a thread to the group was happening. Alarian’s touch was in no way a burden, for Lennon would do most anything to keep his friends happy. For some reason, hearing his name sent a shiver down his spine. The wolf gently pushed his head agaisnt the others, closing his eyes and enjoying the brief moment of their silence. 

”What happened?” He mumbled, voice still calm and slow, not wanting to stress Ali out anymore than he already had been. Not much had come to mind when attempting to understand what just happened, and he figured there was no way of knowing without being told. The two still had plenty to learn of each other, and he was desperate to discover. He shifted in order to see the others gaze, locking on to it with only good intentions.
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The positive response to his touch calmed Alarian, enough that he didn't panic when Lennon asked him what had happened. Shame filled his gaze, but he held the eye contact. It's... stupid. The boy admitted, gaze flitting to the ground for a moment.
I wandered away, too far, a few days ago. I wasn't paying attention, and someone... He paused, half because it was difficult to say and half because he wasn't sure how to properly describe the incident without alarming Lennon too much. Someone attacked me.
Alarian knew then that he wouldn't say more, that he couldn't even if he wanted to. Pain and panic welled up again, showing in his gaze, and he slowly laid himself back onto the ground next to Lennon. He draped his paws over his muzzle, using his forelegs to cover his eyes and taking small comfort in the act. I can't stop thinking about it. I keep trying to forget, but I can't.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
First, a shock of flabbergastment struck the wolf, followed by a crashing wave of worry. How had Alarian been hurt? When? Why? About to pour all of these questions onto the boy, his sudden urge ceased when he truly saw what held in the others gaze. It was pain, and a bombardment of questions would only fuel it's festering. So instead, despite the anger boiling inside his throat at whoever dared hurt Ali, Lennon remained calm. 

When he started weeping, a part of his own heart broke. It was so lamentable to see his companion in such a state again, so he pushed himself cautiously closer to Alarian and nudged for his head to lift from the confines of his paws. Licking off the salty tears streaming down his cheeks, before pausing only to stare into a pair of tear-filled hazel eyes. "I'm sorry, love." It was the first time he'd bestowed his friend with such a nickname, his voice expelling his deep sorrow. "I know it's hard, but try to focus on the good of the future," like how I'll be killing whoever did this to you, "Like our adventures, Korei's stars, us." Us was a loose term in the moment, was he speaking of the trio or simply where the two themselves and their supposed bright future together? "I'll destroy whatever harms you, or at least try my best."
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Love.
The nickname made Alarian's heart skip a beat, though he had heard Lennon call Korei that before. Still, it soothed his hurt some, as did the gentle licks upon his face. He took a moment to be grateful that his companion had not questioned him further.
At Lennon's next words, particularly the us part, Ali couldn't help but smile. The pain was gone now, replaced by a swirl of nerves and deep affection. He couldn't hide his emotions in this state; he didn't even try. The boy stood again, leaning close and licking Lennon's cheek before gently pressing his head into the other's neck just under his chin. He tucked himself against him softly.
The future will be better-- different. He promised. I won't hesitate again... not when it's going to be more than my life at stake.
But he could not change the past, could he? Could not erase that he had let the one who had hurt him go free, that he had allowed this stranger to continue hurting others. Ali tried to ward the thoughts away, repeating to himself that he would not make that mistake again.
Thank you, Lennon. The boy murmured softly after a pause. We've been through a lot in the short time we've known each other, and you haven't abandoned me. I hope you know I won't abandon you either-- no matter what. I'd follow you past the edge of the world if you needed me.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Alarian's words spread a warmth within Lennon that he didn't experience often, it was an addicting feeling, and he only wanted more. Every touch given from the boy sent his nerves on end in the best way possible. What he said was true - they had been through a spectacular amount of events in such a short time, but he was fortunate to have a companion(s) by his side. The mere idea of abandonment made Lennon shake his head, for had he done it in the past? Yes, but it was easy, now the thought of being without each other was aching to only imagine. 

"I'll never do you no harm," He quoted a song, a tinge of accent bouncing off the words along with a melodic twist. "I'll follow all the way to the sun for you." Taking the lapse of silence to appreciate the moment and more importantly the person within it.
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
you can have them find she's not there and split up to look in your next post and then we can archive it!
The boy was content to stay curled against Lennon for a time, though internally he struggled with a feeling he had not experienced before. It was subtle but nagging, persistent; wasn't there something more to say? It felt important, like there was something Lennon should know before Ali lost the chance to tell him. He would have spat the words out then and there if he only knew what they were.
But then his mind went to Korei, and instantly he decided that must have been it. Subconsciously he knew-- it was not at all what his heart had been telling him to express. But now that he remembered the tiny girl, it felt urgent.
We should go back to Korei. Ali licked his cheek once more before pulling away so they could do exactly that.
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Despite the lingering missing link in their short time together, he had to agree. Korei was much more important than a moment than can relived anytime they wished. The sudden rush of cold replacing where Alarian had been forced Lennon to shiver, his exposed muscle tensing up and causing a shooting pain that was brushed aside when he began to walk. 

The sudden sinking feeling in the males chest almost made him puke, Korei was gone. The same sensation he had when watching as his younger cousin almost wobbled off a cliff, only to be saved by their father. It was horrendous, and his initial reaction was panic. ”She should be here, she uh...must’ve went looking for us.” He managed to remain calm in the moment, imagining the girl simply a couple feet away searching for her companions.
living is easy with eyes
closed
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Archiving!
Alarian was equally stricken to find the girl wasn't there. He feared the worst-- had she been attacked? Taken? What if the orange-eyed stranger had followed his scent and found her?
The idea was awful.
Let's split up and look for her. Ali suggested, trying to keep his voice from shaking. They could cover more ground that way, and if one of them could find Korei, she would be safe. He tried to ignore the lingering thought that this was, in a way, his fault. If only he hadn't run off...
But then he was running off to find her, nose to the ground, trailing her scent. There was no time for self-pity when Korei could be in danger; he'd blame himself later.