Moonspear Lose myself tonight
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon smiled as he thought of Osprey, but the smile soon fell off his face. As Wraen asked him about his parents and siblings, he looked taken aback. He'd somehow not seen the question coming at all. It'd been so long since they had been gone... He shook his head. "Sometimes. Mostly about Floki, who was my Beta here for a long time and just vanished one day. Didn't come back from a scouting trip during a blizzard. I looked everywhere for him, but..." He frowned, having long concluded that Floki must be dead now. "A similar thing happened to my brother Levi. He was just gone one day. And my brother Kevlyn... He was kidnapped. I went looking for him when I was little, but I never found him. I had a sister, too, but I barely remember her." Of course there were Jorunn and other family, but Charon decided to leave them out for now. It was a long enough story as it were.

"My parents died when I was very little. I don't even remember what they looked like, just that they saved me and my siblings from a bear and died for it. The Alphas adopted us after that, but my adopted father died when I wasn't even in the adult ranks yet. I helped my adopted mother to keep the pack afloat, and she followed us to Moonspear when we went here, but not long after she vanished, too. I don't know where she went. Didn't say goodbye." He frowned with a hardened expression on his face. Everyone just left, in his experience... Even his own mother was no different. Very few he had space for in his heart, and though she'd gone, he would always have space there for Thistle. He sometimes wondered if maybe she had grown old and needed to go, just like Osprey had, but hadn't had the heart to tell him. He liked to think that was true; that she still thought of him sometimes, too, or perhaps that she had passed on and looked down on him from the stars.

"But it's been really long since I've had siblings or parents by my side." Floki was half a lifetime ago already — only his first litter of children had known Uncle Floki. It was a weird thought, that so much had happened since then and that Floki hadn't been there to witness it all.
Messages In This Thread
Lose myself tonight - by Wraen - February 17, 2018, 03:20 PM
RE: Lose myself tonight - by Charon - February 19, 2018, 04:02 AM
RE: Lose myself tonight - by Wraen - February 20, 2018, 05:03 AM
RE: Lose myself tonight - by Charon - February 21, 2018, 06:07 AM
RE: Lose myself tonight - by Wraen - February 24, 2018, 05:05 PM
RE: Lose myself tonight - by Charon - February 26, 2018, 04:02 AM
RE: Lose myself tonight - by Wraen - March 01, 2018, 02:40 PM
RE: Lose myself tonight - by Charon - March 02, 2018, 04:53 AM
RE: Lose myself tonight - by Wraen - March 02, 2018, 05:44 AM
RE: Lose myself tonight - by Charon - March 05, 2018, 06:03 AM
RE: Lose myself tonight - by Wraen - March 06, 2018, 03:47 PM